Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #1

Kodoos to TECHNO RV

Purchased 50 amp surge protector from Techno RV. The unit went to $40.00 cheaper with pedestal lock included 2 weeks after I purchased.
E-mailed Eric of techno RV and he will credit me the $40.00 difference and will
be mailing me the pedestal lock.
Now that is customer service. Great deals on several RV essentials.
Rlynxgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:43 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlynxgolfer View Post
Purchased 50 amp surge protector from Techno RV. The unit went to $40.00 cheaper with pedestal lock included 2 weeks after I purchased.

E-mailed Eric of techno RV and he will credit me the $40.00 difference and will

be mailing me the pedestal lock.

Now that is customer service. Great deals on several RV essentials.

I have to admit, I was impressed with them at the FROG rally. I was looking into a cell booster, and had some misgivings about how well it would work with my carrier. He ended up pulling the display model down, set it up in his rig and got it running so I could go test it out for myself to make sure I would be satisfied with it.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #3

You found a cell phone booster that actually works? Please share!
bum4heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

It’s one of the WeBoost units (don’t remember the exact model except that it wasn’t the one that only works within a few feet.)

I dithered with my decision the entire time I was at the rally facing poor cell signals, and finally bought it on the Friday. It definitely made a difference at the rally when I tested in their rig, but as it was the last day, I didn’t actually try it in my rig there.

Since then, I haven’t camped in any poor cell coverage areas so I haven’t tried it out other than once in the driveway. And that time, because I turned it on in a good cell area, it went into a feedback loop and locked itself out.

We’ve got some remote trips planned this year, so I’m hoping to finally justify my dithered impulse buy.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum4heli View Post
I have a weBoost 4G Drive X that works decently well as long as you understand that its internal boosted area is very very small (18"-24" around the internal antenna). We put our hotspots in that zone.

However, I find that my antenna for the hotspot (from Netgear) is my preferred go to. It has the hassle of needing to be in a window and the hotspot has to be nearby. But it really does pull its own when it comes to increasing download and upload speeds. I have been in the new rig for 3 or 4 weeks now (fulltime) and haven't installed my booster yet.

Netgear 6000450 MIMO Antenna with 2 TS-9 Connectors | Learn To RV
Old 04-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I have a weBoost 4G Drive X that works decently well as long as you understand that its internal boosted area is very very small (18"-24" around the internal antenna). We put our hotspots in that zone.

However, I find that my antenna for the hotspot (from Netgear) is my preferred go to. It has the hassle of needing to be in a window and the hotspot has to be nearby. But it really does pull its own when it comes to increasing download and upload speeds. I have been in the new rig for 3 or 4 weeks now (fulltime) and haven't installed my booster yet.

Netgear 6000450 MIMO Antenna with 2 TS-9 Connectors | Learn To RV

X2, Weboost 4G with Trucker Antenna. Works well.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum4heli View Post

Hey, I've got the lowest priced Wilson Electronics piggy back booster that cost me about $160 and it is amazing. Can only imagine how much better their bigger pricer units might be.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #8
Site Team

We use weBoost 4G Drive X with external ant mounted on a 16ft fiberglass painters pole. Reception has gone from spotty to very good.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #9

We use the WeBoost 4G and can usually get Internet and cell service in places that others can't but you have to set it up correctly. For a mast I cut PVC pipe sections to 7 and 1/2 foot sections so they fit behind my Rockwood. I have both the Omni and the directional antenna. The Omni usually works perfectly but when the signal is too low for that I hoist up the directional antenna. With the 4 pieces of PVC I can get the antenna up to around 28 feet high.

Inside the trailer I place the indoor antenna about 1" from my phone and I enable my phone's hotspot. I have a TP-Link range extender that picks up the hotspot signal from my phone and sends a strong signal about 500' in all directions. Works great for my family or friends if they are camping close to us. My wife puts her phone on wifi calling and connects to our hotspot. It sure works well for us!

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote