Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2015, 01:10 AM   #1
TARVIDSON

LE2150 no clearance lights

I have a 2015 LE2150 Prism which I just set up to pull my 2011 HHR. I used a Demco wiring harness to hook up the tail lights and pulled to the front of the HHR and hooked up to with a 4 prong plug. It is also hooked to an SMI Stay in Play braking system which works fine. Fired it up and everything worked just fine. After a shakedown cruise pulling the car I noticed there were no tail or clearance lights, but turn signals and brake lights were fine. The HHR had a burned out fuse, but I have not figured out where the fuse for the tail lights are on the LE2150. I looked at the Mercedes fuse guide and there is nothing that sounds like a tail, clearance etc. fuse. I looked on the forum and read some Solera posts which talked about some fuses that Forest River has somewhere back by the waste tanks, I followed the wires but do not see where a fuse box could be in that area. Another post talked about the problem being in the Mercedes circuitry. My Mercedes dealer can get me in 14 days from now. After I get the Mercedes fixed I am wondering if having both vehicles running when I hook up the wiring can cause a problem?
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #2
TARVIDSON

A friend with another LE2150 knew where the relay and fuses were for the tail lights. If you have the floor plan with the corner bed just unlock 'n open the 'hatch' panel on the Prism's back wall and look to your left. There you'll see a black module cover about 8" X 10". Unscrew that and you'll see the tail light controller inside. A 10 amp fuse had blown.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light