Old 07-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #1

led lighting

I decided to change all the light bulbs inside my 5er to led bulbs for the few times I go boondocking. I replaced most of them over the last couple of days and am very pleased with the bulbs I used!

Amazon.com: 2pcs 42-SMD T15 12V LED Replacement Light Bulbs + STICKER 921 912 906 - White: Automotive

These bulbs are as bright, actually a little brighter, and use 1/10 of the power. .2 amps per bulb compared to 2 amps each of the standard bulbs. Not only that but the color is excellent which was important to me because of the number of photographs I take.

Just thought I would mention this for those that are considering doing this as well. Oh, and they will last much longer than the standard incandescent automotive type bulbs. That is always nice cause some bulbs can be a real pain to get to.

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:40 PM   #2

I was just looking at these the other day. Will be converting before next season. I too wanted a whiter light without being blasted away. I want some coziness but the current bulbs almost strain my eyes (not to mention the power draw)

Thanks

Old 07-31-2015, 01:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
I was just looking at these the other day. Will be converting before next season. I too wanted a whiter light without being blasted away. I want some coziness but the current bulbs almost strain my eyes (not to mention the power draw)

Thanks
Then you might want to get a two pack and try them. I personally like the color and brightness better than the incandescent bulbs. I think they are a little brighter but not hard on the eyes. I haven't noticed any yellow or the annoying bluish tint from them.

So far I have put 12 of them in and ordered 2 more. I missed the two in the toilet room when I counted the number needed.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light