Old 01-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #11
Swift2

I installed my back up camera today. It was wired into the center clearance light up high on the back of our trailer. I put a volt meter on the wiring up there and found it to be onl 9.3 cd volts. Seems to me the wiring is way to small for the distance it has to travel up to the light. Voltage drop is problem. I think the led lights mite draw less current and maybe be better. Good luck and enjoy that new trailer.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #12

I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT THE SAME PROJECT THIS YEAR AND i AM REALLY QUITE PLEASED WITH THE ITEMS i FOUND ON EBAY. I HAVE PURCHASED THREE LED BULBS IN GROUPS OF TEN FOR UNDER $30 EACH TYPE. THE DIFFERENCE IN THE THREE TYPES IS THE BRIGHTNESS/TYPE OF LIGHT. I ALSO HAVE BEEN CHECKING OUT REPLACEMENT REAR LIGHTING AND RUNNNG LIGHTS TO REPLACE THE TYPE THAT HAVE THE BULBS PLUGGED STRAIGHT IN VICE AT AN ANGLE. LOTS OF CHOICES OUT THERE. GOOD LUCK

Old 01-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #13

Trailer LED Replacements

I have a 2015 V-Cross Vibe 826VFK. I replaced all the lights with LED units from eTrailer.com. The tail lights are Bargman surface mount "Series 7", code 47-07-001 (w/o license bracket) and code 47-07-002 (with bracket). They are just large enough to cover the holes from the old lights.

For all the clearance lights, I bought "LED upgrade kits", also by Bargman. You can retain the installed base. Just pop off the lens, remove the lamp. Then insert the pigtail from the LED circuit board and press on the lens, making sure the circuit board is correctly seated. Code 47-59-410 (Red) and Code 47-59-412 (Amber). These are more expensive than the equivalent complete unit, but you can swap one in about 30 seconds versus unmounting and rewiring.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #14

Replacement tail light photo

Should have attached photo of the LED tail light. Hope this works!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail_Lights_03.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	68676

Tags
led, light, replacement