Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #1

Light Switch Doesn't Work on Wall

Just purchased a 2013 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25DS and we noticed tonight that the wall switch is not working and controling the lights. Does the switch only control one light or should it not control all overhead ceiling lights? Dealer is too far to take in for repairs and we are wanting to fix it ourselves. Any suggestions what to check first?
Days Camped 2015 - 20
Days Camped 2016 - 12
��
NKARENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It probably operates only one light. With the wall switch on, manually turn on all the overhead lights, then turn the wall switch to the off position to identify which light it controls.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Smile

Thanks! You were right, but the light it controls is the one over the dinette table. That was the only light that I didn't turn on. lol. I just LOVE this forum. It is so helpful with great guys like yourself.
Days Camped 2015 - 20
Days Camped 2016 - 12
��
NKARENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to help.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #5

OK I have a similar question, getting ready to pick up our new 2014 Rockwood 2703ws and notice that there is no wall switch for the kit/living room area lights. The switch on the control panel only turns on 1 hanging light above the counter top. Is this normal or does all of the lights need to be connected to this switch and then turn them off as needed at the fixture. There is a switch in the batroom for the overhead light, but none again in the bedroom, wife is too short to reach the ceiling over the bed to control the lights. Is this the standard in these campers?
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #6

On my 25DS there is a switch that controls the light over the dinette (if it is switched on) all the rest are controlled mat the light itself. Now in the bathroom the wall switch controls both the light and exhaust fan (if they are on). Kind of crazy layout but hey it all works. Wife and I just love our 25DS.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
aka Windjammer2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
OK I have a similar question, getting ready to pick up our new 2014 Rockwood 2703ws and notice that there is no wall switch for the kit/living room area lights. The switch on the control panel only turns on 1 hanging light above the counter top. Is this normal or does all of the lights need to be connected to this switch and then turn them off as needed at the fixture. There is a switch in the batroom for the overhead light, but none again in the bedroom, wife is too short to reach the ceiling over the bed to control the lights. Is this the standard in these campers?
You have to understand that copper (wire, in this case) is too expensive for any RV Mfg. to use to make their units as convienient as a brick and mortor home. The idea the manufacturers have is that one switch, one light is sufficient to enter a dark RV. Then it's up to you to turn on the lights that you want on instead of the other way around which would require more wiring. I feel for you and your DW without a wall switch in the bedroom which could be rectified rather easily.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
2004 GMC 2500 HD CC Longbed
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #8

I'm hoping that the fix will be as easy as removing the switch control panel, locating the wires run to the lights and moving it to the switch that controls the onw light; haven't figured what to do about bedroom yet.
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light