Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #1

Lost power help

Hi I'm new to the site this is my first post! I'm not yet a traveler I stay parked and just up graded to a new TT when I hooked it up its run fine. Today I come home to no power it threw a breaker outside now my breaker box inside is making a loud noise like a fan what do I need to do? Suggestions?
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #2

That is your converter charging the battery. When you lost power to the trailer the battery kept all the 12 volt items going. If your gas was turned on the reefer would change over to propane automatically. The battery would be needed to start the fridge. Your propane detector runs on 12 volts. If you left the trailer unplugged for several days your battery would most likely be dead if it was not disconnected.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
CampingQueen

The converter does make a noise similar to a desktop PC - it has a little fan in there to keep it cool, which will come on and off as you are need the components in the power converter.

I agree with caper - if the breaker was blown for a period of time it's probably just the converter kicking in to power the stuff in the camper and recharge the battery once you reset the breaker.

Is everything working once you plugged it back in?
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

Yes it is thank you for your help I'm a college student and this my home and I'm selling my old one that I just upgraded from but this one keeps throwing breakers at pole and inside
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #5

What is the amperage at the pole? What do you have plugged inside the trailer.? It sound as if you are drawing more amperage then the trailer is wired for.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

you say NEW does that mean its new to you or brand new under warranty ?

Welcome to the forum .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #7

New to me and and 30 amps caper
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #8

I threw the breaker outside first then the ones inside threw past night and today
Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #9

Question from a newbie...bought our Trilogy 3850D yesterday...it will be delivered to our storage place Tuesday...making quite the leap from our Coleman Tacoma TT to this massive beauty...we are 2 hours from the coast, so it will be our weekend beach house...we don't have to worry about towing, and the storage company will even hook everything up, open the slides, etc...worry free, right? Well, after our 2 hour orientation at the dealer yesterday, I just had a sleepless (sort of) night worrying about all could go wrong...one thing that is bugging me is the dual marine batteries...there is a large red dial that can turn them off...the walk thru fellow (Rich-very nice and very supportive) said something about if this wasn't turned off when the trailer was not in use, the batteries would slowly drain from small things on board that draw a current...here was so much info, I am not sure I heard him right. So here is question 1 (of the coming 500,000 more): when we are departing and sealing up the coach (so an hour later the storage facility can come get it) should I always turn this knob to the off position, or by doing so will the tow person be unable to raise the jacks and stabilizers, do the slides, hook up to his truck, etc? Or will they know exactly what to do? (this is a very experienced company who stores over 800 units, great reputation, etc. - and of course, I plan on asking them all this as well). The Trilogy will never be dry camping, as it is going to shuttle between Pismo Coast Village, Le Sage and Morro Dunes...

Another basic question - while we did some dry camping in the TT, we mostly just hooked up at these same campgrounds (dry camped along the ocean from Rincon in Ventura - highly recommended), I am wondering if when the Trilogy is hooked up, are the batteries doing anything? We stopped taking our single marine battery with us in the TT, since it had no purpose. But I got the impression that even though the Trilogy was hooked up during the orientation, it had a function...for example, during the exterior walk around, Rich couldn't get the automated leveling system to come on, then had the tech come and "charge up the batteries" a little (he promised to have them fully charged for us). Wouldn't the hook up power the leveling system?

Hope this isn't a bother...I thought 12 years pulling the TT all over the Cali coast and dealing with all the little things made me an expert part time RVer...after yesterday, I feel like a greenhorn rookie! Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated...first trip is in three weeks...
Pauly and Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Site Team

the disconnect switch SHOULD allow for the driver to operate those things.
but you need to contact your dealer or Trilogy to know for sure.

if you failed to have a battery hooked up to your old TT, while towing it, you were violating the law. your marine battery does have a purpose, even if you have hookups.
the battery powers the TT's emergency brake system, should it detach from the tow vehicle and it is the law to have the battery, if the trailer is equipped with electric brakes.

not sure how you got away with it for 12 years.
if the CHP had pulled you over, you would have been cited for that. and they may have had you leave the trailer until you put a battery back in.

also, it's better to start your own thread, instead of piggybacking on someone else's thread, if it is a different issue than yours.
the OP is having issues with his converter and breakers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan
the disconnect switch SHOULD allow for the driver to operate those things.
but you need to contact your dealer or Trilogy to know for sure.

if you failed to have a battery hooked up to your old TT, while towing it, you were violating the law. your marine battery does have a purpose, even if you have hookups.
the battery powers the TT's emergency brake system, should it detach from the tow vehicle and it is the law to have the battery, if the trailer is equipped with electric brakes.

not sure how you got away with it for 12 years.
if the CHP had pulled you over, you would have been cited for that. and they may have had you leave the trailer until you put a battery back in.

also, it's better to start your own thread, instead of piggybacking on someone else's thread, if it is a different issue than yours.
the OP is having issues with his converter and breakers.
Sorry about the thread confusion-new at this as well...as for the electric breaks on the TT, the tongue has a small battery for that purpose, so I think we were OK...thanks for the help on the original issue!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly and Holly View Post
Sorry about the thread confusion-new at this as well...as for the electric breaks on the TT, the tongue has a small battery for that purpose, so I think we were OK...thanks for the help on the original issue!
no problem. it takes some time to get how forums work.

what kind of TT did you have, that you had a small battery on the tongue and another marine battery somewhere else? and where did the marine battery go?
most TT's have one or two batteries on the tongue, that power the 12v things on the trailer AND the emergency trailer brakes.

by the way, lived in Ventura County for 17 years. even though we now live in Napa, we still miss VC a lot.
know of all the places you talked about, especially the Rincon. my favorite surf spot.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan

no problem. it takes some time to get how forums work.

what kind of TT did you have, that you had a small battery on the tongue and another marine battery somewhere else? and where did the marine battery go?
most TT's have one or two batteries on the tongue, that power the 12v things on the trailer AND the emergency trailer brakes.

by the way, lived in Ventura County for 17 years. even though we now live in Napa, we still miss VC a lot.
know of all the places you talked about, especially the Rincon. my favorite surf spot.
Coleman Tacoma bought new 12 years back...still have it, and will still pull it to desert hot springs or the Rincon...also Ventura beach RV, which is super noisy next to the 101, but nice park with great pool and spa and walking distance to Main street...

We are in Frazier Park area, which is central to pismo/Ventura and palm springs the other way...beach is 90 minutes, desert a bit longer...love napa...you make that beverage up there we happen to like ALOT!