Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #11
New RV'er

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will work on them one at a time. Even though the rig is 10 yrs old nothing electrical has been added. I bought the rig from a family that was only able to us it twice because of health. The 5er and truck only had 2000 miles put on them since 2005. I went through both completly to get ready for full time use. We are now in out 3rd week of traveling and having a blast. So far this is the only issue that I haven't been able to figure out. So thanks for the help. I'll post the findings.

Kenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenl View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will work on them one at a time. Even though the rig is 10 yrs old nothing electrical has been added. I bought the rig from a family that was only able to us it twice because of health. The 5er and truck only had 2000 miles put on them since 2005. I went through both completly to get ready for full time use. We are now in out 3rd week of traveling and having a blast. So far this is the only issue that I haven't been able to figure out. So thanks for the help. I'll post the findings.
It sounds like you found quite a fine, I met another person when camping bought the truck and 5th wheel for the same reason. You got lucky but feel sorry for the other people that couldn't use it. Sometimes you just can't control everything, I'm sure you will find the problem, and be set to go...... Thanks for keeping us posted, will wait to hear from you again, stay safe and happy travels.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:22 AM   #13
New RV'er

I finally tracked down the problem. It turned out to be a neutral white wire that came out of a wire nut. It took me a while to find the connection. It turned out to be in the plug box that the DVD player plugged into. No where near the bedroom plugs. Reconnected the white wire into a larger wire nut and everything is back to 110V. It just so happens that the bathroom Create-A-Breeze fan stopped working a month ago so I thought I needed a new fan motor. Once I found the wire nut issue with the 110V I took the vent fan frame off and behold a wire nut fell out. The hot wire connection came apart. I put it back together and everything works fine.
I guess the traveling vibration will shake wires loose if their not put together right in the first place.
Just thought this might help someone with similar problems.
On the road 58 days and loving it.

Kenl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voltage