Just fall in line, and do a sub.
I fought it for a while, and gave in.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #22
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Here's what is behind the " wall"
You can see every circuit going " up" to the interior panel.

I may move that one pipe, and run it along the floor, just to clean it up a bit. I'll see, once the trailer is back home, and it's not -40.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
-40 Where are you at!?

I see the wiring if pulled back down into the basement should be long enough to connect to the new panel. I agree that sounds like the best route to go. I assume you will use a 30amp breaker to feed the relay switch/inverter?

I was thinking I would install the inverter on the wall back by the batteries to keep the DC lines as short as possible (5-7'), then feed the new AC wire from the main breaker in the front of the basement back to the inverter, then the AC return from the relay switch back to the front of the basement to the sub-panel which would be right underneath the existing main panel for wire access. Am I wrong in that it is better to have the longer wire runs in AC wire? How far will your new wall (inverter) be from your batteries?

My rig is in storage so I cannot take out the wall to take a picture at the moment. I believe it is much like yours though. I appreciate the pictures and the opportunity to discuss this with someone who is also doing this.

2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Appalachian Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:59 AM   #23
MagNUM MS2012 WITH 50A?

Just like the diagram in the magnum instructions, I will feed the inverter with a 60 amp breaker.
The main breaker in the sub panel will also be 60 amp.
Remember, the inverter is also a 125amp charger as well.

My inverter should be no more than 5' from the batteries. I'll be using 4/0 cables to the batteries.

Oh and , -40 is Manitoba.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote