Old 12-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #1

Question Map light and other dash electrical out.

Hi, I am a newbie and have read many threads that talk of this problem but I have yet to find out where the fuse panel for this problem is on a 2010 Georgetown 374TS. I have checked the power distribution panel under the hood, the house fuses in the bedroom with no luck. There does not seem to be an in-line fuse behind the console cover. The chasis is a Ford Triton V-10 that I have owned about two months for I a still learning the differance between my old Georgie Boy and this one. If anyone can assist I will appreciate it loads. Thanks, WB

Old 12-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmathews View Post
Hi, I am a newbie and have read many threads that talk of this problem but I have yet to find out where the fuse panel for this problem is on a 2010 Georgetown 374TS. I have checked the power distribution panel under the hood, the house fuses in the bedroom with no luck. There does not seem to be an in-line fuse behind the console cover. The chasis is a Ford Triton V-10 that I have owned about two months for I a still learning the differance between my old Georgie Boy and this one. If anyone can assist I will appreciate it loads. Thanks, WB
Check the Ford fuse panel left of drivers feet. They left some spots for the coach builder cockpit loads, fans lights etc. You must find a dwg. by FR cause Ford just leave the M/T spots as future use. Or process of elimination. Hard working under there!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #3

X2. Check the fuse panel on the firewall where your left foot is when you drive. You have to be pretty "bendy" to get up in there to work on it, but it's worth a try.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #4

Yes left of the brake pedal panel.

The real problem is why did the fuse blow?
Did it happen while driving or were you installing something in the dash?
You need to find the short or overload that made the fuse blow.
You do know you have two panels in the engine compartment. Both are above and behind the air filter box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellowstone_July2012 060.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	22528   Click image for larger version

Name:	FR_Adds_to_Ford_Fuse_Block.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	22529  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #5

If you can't read these send my a PM with your email address and I will send them full size.

Iggy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric01.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	22530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric02.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	22531  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Yes left of the brake pedal panel.

The real problem is why did the fuse blow?
Did it happen while driving or were you installing something in the dash?
You need to find the short or overload that made the fuse blow.
You do know you have two panels in the engine compartment. Both are above and behind the air filter box.
Excellent schematic Iggy. End uses overlaid by coach builder, very helpful.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #7

Problem fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmathews View Post

Thanks to you kind and knowledgable RVers, I found and replaced the fuse, fixed the cause, and finished my project. I also discovered that removing the drink holder console, two screws, makes getting under the dash much more easy. Thank all of you that submitted suggestions and drawings. The prints were so helpful that the first fuse I reached for was the correct blown fuse. Thanks again. WB
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmathews

Thanks to you kind and knowledgable RVers, I found and replaced the fuse, fixed the cause, and finished my project. I also discovered that removing the drink holder console, two screws, makes getting under the dash much more easy. Thank all of you that submitted suggestions and drawings. The prints were so helpful that the first fuse I reached for was the correct blown fuse. Thanks again. WB
Good to hear and good tip, doesen't make it easy under there, but does make it easier!