Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
WaitnToRide

MaxAir Turbo/Maxx installation

I purchased a MaxAir turbomaxx vent to install over the kitchen vent. I figured I could leave it on during the night and the noise would not be that noticeable in the bedroom. We could keep our windows open and have a nice breeze coming in. I assumed, and after reading some of the posts I found out it was a bad assumption, there would be wires stubbed to the vent. The closest wires are from the rear ceiling light. From reading the posts, others have used the light wires to connect their fans. The fuse that runs those lights is 15 amps and as far as I can tell there are only three lights on that fuse. The MaxAir installation instructions indicate the fan uses 4 amps. The issue is the lights are controlled by a wall switch. If I want the switch on and lights off, I have to use a stool to turn the lights off individually. The only other easy 12 volt source I can see would be to use the source that feeds the refrigerator. (I'll need to check what else is on that leg.) Would appreciate comments or suggestions.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #2

What about the one in the bathroom, this is the one I have been thinking about swapping out.

It has power right there so there is no need to leach off another electrical circuit.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
WaitnToRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
What about the one in the bathroom, this is the one I have been thinking about swapping out.

It has power right there so there is no need to leach off another electrical circuit.
The bathroom has a small fan but I was hoping to use the new fan in the kitchen area which has the vent the farthest from the bedroom. I was planning on leaving it on all night when appropriate.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspell View Post
The bathroom has a small fan but I was hoping to use the new fan in the kitchen area which has the vent the farthest from the bedroom. I was planning on leaving it on all night when appropriate.

I totally understand.

The lights in my kitchen area all have toggle switches and not used very much so I could pull the bulb from the closest light and not miss it and turn all the others off via the toggles.

A two foot long X 3/8" wood dowel with a rubber cap on both ends to turn the lights off and on if needed.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
WaitnToRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I totally understand.

The lights in my kitchen area all have toggle switches and not used very much so I could pull the bulb from the closest light and not miss it and turn all the others off via the toggles.

A two foot long X 3/8" wood dowel with a rubber cap on both ends to turn the lights off and on if needed.
Excellent idea. I might just do that. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspell View Post
Excellent idea. I might just do that. Thanks.

If you do please post back about how it worked out for you.