Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
I had the same problem. Caused by poor connection between cord and TT. Cleaned blade on TT and purchased a new cord. No problems in 2 years. The aftermarket cord seems to make better contact then the cord that came with the TT. If the blade on the trailer looks damaged after cleaning black off I would replace it also. If not damaged no need to replace.
Thanks Caper and everyone. Seems to be unanimous that it is poor connection. We will definitely be buying a new chord and inlet.
How does one judge these things before hand? I mean, nothing seemed dirty or loose.
__________________

__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Thanks Caper and everyone. Seems to be unanimous that it is poor connection. We will definitely be buying a new chord and inlet.
How does one judge these things before hand? I mean, nothing seemed dirty or loose.
Just buy a new plug and install it on your old cord if you're worried. I doubt very much if you need the receptacle on the trailer.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Thanks again OC. Can't thank you enough for your generosity in talking through this. You and everyone.
__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers
Thanks again OC. Can't thank you enough for your generosity in talking through this. You and everyone.
As for early warning, the plug should never feel more than warm to the touch.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,802
If everything is not seated snug, there is a chance of arching that will cause heat build up. Have you also thought about getting a surge protector? Some campgrounds/boxes may have voltage control issues.
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
If everything is not seated snug, there is a chance of arching that will cause heat build up. Have you also thought about getting a surge protector? Some campgrounds/boxes may have voltage control issues.
Post #5 "... we had a new surge protector."
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.