Old 10-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Microwave/Rear AC/Outside Kitchen Power problem

I have a 2014 Palomino Columbus 385BH, all of a sudden the power to my microwave, rear a/c, and my outdoor kitchen area just went out. I checked all of the fuses and they all look good to me. I pulled out the kitchen fuse though in the circuit panel and the fuse looked good but the red fault light never came on like it does when I pull other fuses out. I am hooked to shore power and every else in the rig works. I did also reset the main breaker and all of the breakers inside the rig.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with your unit specifically but based on what you have stated so far it sounds as though you may have lost one leg of your fifty amp power supply coming into the RV.

Do you have a tester where you can verify voltage at the pedestal outside the unit? I would start there and then if everything is cool at the pedestal you will have to verify power is making it to your Power Distribution Center inside on both legs.

Hopefully someone with more Fifty amp service experience will come along and help you soon.

2012 Primetime Lacrosse 318 BHS
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #3

problem fixed, for now

Well it was my 50amp shore power service. I didn't notice this but my plug has two blue LED lights on the plug, one was off and one was on. So what this told me was one of the 110V prongs were not working as advertised. I flipped the pole circuit breaker up and down a few times and *poof* I had power once again. The RV park owner changed that breaker and hopefully won't have the problem anymore.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #4

Very Good! Glad you got it going and it was at the pedestal and not something inside your unit. Happy Camping!
2012 Primetime Lacrosse 318 BHS
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, outdoor kitchen