Old 01-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #11
I have a Magnum 2500W MSW. So far I haven't found anything that won't run on its output. It may be true that some appliances have a shorter life span with the MSW. However, It's been three years now with no electronic failures. Perhaps the caution about incompatibility relates to things like older CRT televisions. Also cheaper bargain basement inverters like those from Harbor Freight may produce less compatible output. Anyhow, if you can afford the higher cost of the PSW inverter, I would go with it.

Ron Johnson
2011 Georgetown 360

rjohnso3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:55 PM   #12
Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Thank you to all who have helped. I actually already have a very nice PSW inverter/charger (Xantrex ProSine 3.0 complete w/external control panel), but it's WAY overkill for my needs, and 10+ years old. I was considering selling it and replacing with something smaller and new. It's current value wouldn't allow for me to replace with another PSW without adding more cash than I want to spend on this project though, which is why I was thinking about MSW.

I will likely just go ahead and install this Xantrex and hope it lasts a few years. The inverter won't get used more than a week or two a year, but I was hoping to utilize the charger as a nice upgrade to my trailers crappy WFCO unit. My trailer is plugged in to power pretty much year round.

'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CCSB, D/A, MaxBrake, B&W Companion, Retrax Pro, AR Power Steps
2013 Rockwood 8289WS w/Diamond pkg
1969 Camaro RS/SS Convertible
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #13
I'd keep the one you have, just be prepared for it to die soon, many in that line are, now.

2008 FR Salem 26TBUD
2010 FR R-Pod 171 (2009-2015)
2010 Chevy Suburban
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote