Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #1

More Mystery Switch Help...?

Greetings from the Great Pacific NW! I recently purchased a 1999 Cardinal and found many of the electrical rocker switches were unmarked. The owner's manual wasn't much help, so through trial and error I discovered what most of the switches do, except for two. Any ideas? The first is located under the upper storage cabinets along the rear of the trailer. The second is a red rocker (not Sammy!) located next to the Hot Water Heater switch. Not quite sure how those work seperately or in conjunction with each other. I appreciate any inputs! Thanks...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switches.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	33726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Heater Switches.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	33727  

Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #2

I found that one i had was for the water pump!

2013 days camped 16
wayne in florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Another rat in the race

I would say black one water pump.

white one next to ext light could be a dusk dawn switch, a door switch for the light (ie on makes door open close work light off makes it manual).

looks fairly used going by cleanliness so I would leave it off and I bet you'll find out soon enough.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDrummer55 View Post
The second is a red rocker (not Sammy!) located next to the Hot Water Heater switch. Not quite sure how those work seperately or in conjunction with each other. I appreciate any inputs! Thanks...

The S on the water heater switch stands for Suburban, the brand of water heater you likely have. That switch is to turn on the Direct Spark Ignitor for your propane to ignite. The DSI takes the place of a pilot light. This may help you understand it better:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ore-36197.html

That other switch is most likely the water pump switch, as others have stated. It could also be a switch to turn on the electric heating element in your water heater, again explained in the above link. If so, do not flip it on without water being in the heater.

I would bet it's for the water pump though. You would only use the water pump when not hooked to a city water connection, and had placed water into your onboard fresh water tank. You would then need to turn the pump on to be able to pump the water out of your tank, and to your faucets when using them.

Is that switch in the on position currently?

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #5

Thanks for the quick responses! The water pump switch is located on the stove fan cowling, where the water levels, battery level, etc., are displayed. The unmarked red rocker illuminates when it is in the on position. Wmtire, I suspect it's the electric heating element switch based on your info...

As far as the mystery "white switch," I don't hear any noise when it's engaged. No interior lights come on, and the other end switch handles the exterior lights (I figured that out through trial and error)...
Old 06-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #6

Red switch: either water pump or underbelly tank heaters. White switch: either water pump or outside light above exterior dump valves.....??
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Red switch: either water pump or underbelly tank heaters. White switch: either water pump or outside light above exterior dump valves.....??
Thanks Fonzie. It's not the water pump and the "Ext" switch in the cluster handles the big, side lights (both).