Old 03-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #31

Wow..... Those few pages of info have my eyes hurting as well as my thinker. lol
I wish I could add more battery space, but with my tongue weight and hauling a Quad in the bed of my truck, I'm afraid it will be too much. The post about only being able to use the middle third of the batteries capacity is worrisome. I have the $200 Trojan SCS200 as the one to buy with my space available. I believe this is a good choice.
I have not made the sale as of yet, so keep the posts coming..
So much for the easy, simple answer. lol
I am learning a lot from all the posts, THANK YOU all.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:01 AM   #32
Denver, CO

That's a very nice battery and will serve you well. A good voltmeter or preferably a battery monitor (good ones cost as much or more than the battery) would help manage your power usage on your drycamping events. AND mostly a careful eye on your consumption will help also.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #33

@ surveyor Mike...I'll second garbonz entirely and add that Victron makes an excellent battery monitor and if you or others boondock a lot...you won't believe how useful they can be when you know your amps remaining...amps being used...time to go to 50%...and % of charge and charging amps when charging. Along with the usual volt readings of course.

The bmv600 monitors all of this on one BANK of batteries. Their BMV602 also lets you monitor voltage ALONE on your chassis battery. BMV-600S series - Victron Energy
Installation is easy. You simply take ALL the stuff that is attached to your negative battery terminal and bolt it on to one end of the supplied shunt. The other side of the shunt goes to the negative battery terminal with a cable. Attach the positive wire supplied to the positive post and the shunt. Finally... you plug in the telephone wire to the shunt and the actual meter and you're in business.
I understand Trimetric also makes a good monitor but I can only speak from experience about the Victron.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #34
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
@ surveyor Mike...I'll second garbonz entirely and add that Victron makes an excellent battery monitor and if you or others boondock a lot...you won't believe how useful they can be when you know your amps remaining...amps being used...time to go to 50%...and % of charge and charging amps when charging. Along with the usual volt readings of course.

The bmv600 monitors all of this on one BANK of batteries. Their BMV602 also lets you monitor voltage ALONE on your chassis battery. BMV-600S series - Victron Energy
Installation is easy. You simply take ALL the stuff that is attached to your negative battery terminal and bolt it on to one end of the supplied shunt. The other side of the shunt goes to the negative battery terminal with a cable. Attach the positive wire supplied to the positive post and the shunt. Finally... you plug in the telephone wire to the shunt and the actual meter and you're in business.
I understand Trimetric also makes a good monitor but I can only speak from experience about the Victron.

X2 I love my Victron

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1393806767.904927.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	47081
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou

I like my TriMetric TM-2025RV.

Inexpensive and works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2270.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	47099  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TM2025-User-Manual.pdf (243.0 KB, 20 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery