Old 10-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #11

Your camper battery is bad. But if you have or can borrow jumper cables jump to your Tow Vehicle. The heavy cables will give you the amount of power needed. 12 gauge wire from the plug at back of truck restricts amp output.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsdaletc View Post
Your camper battery is bad. But if you have or can borrow jumper cables jump to your Tow Vehicle. The heavy cables will give you the amount of power needed. 12 gauge wire from the plug at back of truck restricts amp output.
OP stated 2x that he does NOT have battery.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavetim View Post
As I have said I don't have batteries, I will get them once I settle in here. What's that about the tv? Tv works fine, I noticed too when slides put strain on the motor I wants to kill the power. I am thinking it's the converter as I learn more how it works.
I'm not sure where you are trying to settle in but I would suggest you jump into your TV and drive to a store and buy a battery or pull the battery from your TV and put it temporarily into your RV...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #14

Tv = television
or
TV = Tow Vehicle
Gets confusing sometimes
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #15

I'm working on batteries I just moved back frim Japan so kind of any expensive move so broke. I am also researching batteries I seen i think usa battery but would have to order. Ill have to ask dealer is there is manual way to get jacks up and down
Old 10-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
Tv = television
or
TV = Tow Vehicle
Gets confusing sometimes
Lol.. but a Tv does not have a 12v battery...

Old 10-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #17

Ok so if converter is bad which I think it is, if i hook a battery up from my car temporarily willcit bypass the converter? I don't think so cause when i had truck hooked up the jacks acted the same.. Judy planning ahead in case my jacks don't work when i leave. I see a manual port in the pump but not sire how sure to use it or even if its for the jacks
Old 10-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #18

restate you need batteries. Don't wait until you settle in. You need batteries to make everything work. Most of you 12 volt power things on your RV work strictly off battery. Some may work when plugged into your TV, but, they may blow your 12 Volt fuse. Get a good battery(s) and I think your problems will go away.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavetim View Post
Ok so if converter is bad which I think it is, if i hook a battery up from my car temporarily willcit bypass the converter? I don't think so cause when i had truck hooked up the jacks acted the same.. Judy planning ahead in case my jacks don't work when i leave. I see a manual port in the pump but not sire how sure to use it or even if its for the jacks
You don't need to turn your converter on. Disconnect from shore power and then converter will not come on. Then put in TV battery and the 12v will still work without the converter on... I understand the short of $$.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #20

Look...you need to break out a $100 bill and buy ANY 12V deep cycle battery. You're gonna need one immediately and there is NO better or cheaper solution that won't end up costing your more money. Your existing battery is TOAST. Trying to charge it can only turn other things to toast. Autozone, and AAparts or Napa will all carry deep cycle batteries. A Group27 wll be $90-110 bucks typically. Good luck!

2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide