Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25FKS View Post
I do not know what Inverter and its output type you are using, but if the 2 outputs are like the multi-phase generator outputs combining them will result in shorts and sparks vs a smooth parallel combined output! That type is not meant to be combined in a 120Vac Scenario. That is designed for 240Vac output or 2 dedicated independent 120Vac circuits that do not share anything except possibly a ground - not even neutral.

He means two 12volt pos lines going into the inverter.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 04-16-2016, 01:43 PM   #62

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #63

Looks like someone is really getting confused at times in this thread.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #64

Not confused here, just specific. Using pronouns always leads to confusion.

DC cables are input into inverters - They are NOT coming from (output) cables. Cables coming from inverters are typically 120Vac (for this situation, 240, ... in others) output cables (positve & neutral) not DC cables. Some Inverter/Chargers like mine, have 2 sets of output (120Vac positive & neutral) cables. Some inverters are single phase others are multi-phase.

I have tried to assist by pointing out with "I"s dotted and "T"s crossed to ensure no one gets hurt or waste money buying the wrong equipment, but after a month of constant abuse (mostly by those not being properly informed - a situation I was trying to assist at), I will give up. There are too many in this forum that appear to have nothing better to do than _______ totally unappreciative - You get your way adios. To the 40K+ members that have been nice, Adios Amigos.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #65

Quote:

DC cables are input into inverters - They are NOT coming from (output) cables. Cables coming from inverters are typically 120Vac (for this situation, 240, ... in others) output cables (positve & neutral) not DC cables. Some Inverter/Chargers like mine, have 2 sets of output (120Vac positive & neutral) cables. Some inverters are single phase others are multi-phase.

I have tried to assist by pointing out with "I"s dotted and "T"s crossed to ensure no one gets hurt or waste money buying the wrong equipment, but after a month of constant abuse (mostly by those not being properly informed - a situation I was trying to assist at), I will give up. There are too many in this forum that appear to have nothing better to do than _______ totally unappreciative - You get your way adios. To the 40K+ members that have been nice, Adios Amigos.

I am not doing anything to the output from the inverter, I am going to plug my 30amp cable from my camper into the inverter with a reducer to get down to 15amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-16-2016, 11:49 PM   #66

Quote:

25FKS: I'm sorry to see you go. That being said, and at the risk of offending you further, I believe you are being a bit too "thin-skinned" here. No matter how well we try to dot our i's and cross our t's, we are always open to misunderstanding, especially when we're just typing words in a forum, unable to hear reflection in other voices or expressions on other faces. Sometimes we jump into the middle of a discussion and fail to read the 40 posts in front of us, or in reading them, misunderstand or confuse them, and then say something that may not be appropriate. I, too, have apparently offended others (and been offended by others), but you have to expect some of that for the reasons I've given.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Closed Thread

Tags
inverter, wiring, battery