Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Bauernfeind Send a message via Skype™ to Bauernfeind
Nest of wires

I posted this on the workhorse forum site and the GM site with no knowledgeable remarks except one that said this is probably a specific coach manufacturer question rather than any other. I turn to this experienced forum for assistance. I have a 2007 coachman epic, gas.
Under my dash is this nest of wires. There are four that have been cut and three that go to different places but the length of wires is around 15 feet long. This mess of wires just sits on the engine cowl cover with this part number on a tag on the bundle of wires:
1032027-B
Any idea as to what this part number refers to or powers?
Bauernfeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #2

Could it have been for a brake controller from the previous owner?

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy
Could it have been for a brake controller from the previous owner?
No. The brake controller is there and connected
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #4

On my 04 Coachman Catalina I had 4 really long speaker wires under the dash that were in a ball and went to nothing. It was an E350 chassis. Not sure why they left them there, it's kind of hard to run speaker wire after the coach is finished.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #5

I checked the radio and all the wires are connected, ceiling speakers work. Wire gage appears too large for audio/video
Old 12-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #6

OK, If you can maybe post a picture of the wires, that would help. If the wires are simply cut off follow them back the other direction to maybe determine what they connect to. Do any of them go to a fuse box?? If they do the fuse label will help. In our MH some wires had labels or tags which helped. On the wires that are cut do any of them have voltage present?? When you check for voltage turn switches, lights etc on and off. Tape a small clip to the + DVOM lead and do the same with the ground lead so you can connect your tester then turn stuff off and on while observing the DVOM (Digital Volt Ohm Meter). Sometimes a manufacturer will include wiring harnesses that are used on another vehicle but not yours. I guess it's cheaper to make the harnesses the same and simply not use what they don't need. Eventually if you can't find a use or need for the wires it is safer to bundle them up and put a tie on the bundle and secure it to something so they won't create issues later. JMTCW (Just My Two Cents Worth)

TeJay
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote