Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #1

Unhappy New 2012 grey wolf. In shop again!!!

Any insights to this camper from anyone, please. Bought July 5, new. Had electrical short that shorted the ac via the keyless entry on our first trip July 13. Now two weeks later a short with the door lights.(popping, lights flicker and stay on all the time) Keyless entry door locks auto without anyone touching it. We had horrible cable reception in back bed room. In the front bunk reception is great. In the living area it gets worse. Hot water heater door broke, back lock cant get in or out with the handle, and 90% of the time the key wont go in. I can see light in the back of the slide out where the drain hose goes trhough. The "wood" breaking and scratched off from extra bunk and off the slide out bed. Thermostat was on after we turned it off the night before. We have 34 foot camper and the dealer said we would not need a sway bar pulling it with a 1/2 ton extended cab. (We ripped off two bolts) Help. Is this normal for this brand and make or did we get a lemon that needs to be taken back!
peymorjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peymorjor View Post
Any insights to this camper from anyone, please. Bought July 5, new. Had electrical short that shorted the ac via the keyless entry on our first trip July 13. Now two weeks later a short with the door lights.(popping, lights flicker and stay on all the time) Keyless entry door locks auto without anyone touching it. We had horrible cable reception in back bed room. In the front bunk reception is great. In the living area it gets worse. Hot water heater door broke, back lock cant get in or out with the handle, and 90% of the time the key wont go in. I can see light in the back of the slide out where the drain hose goes trhough. The "wood" breaking and scratched off from extra bunk and off the slide out bed. Thermostat was on after we turned it off the night before. We have 34 foot camper and the dealer said we would not need a sway bar pulling it with a 1/2 ton extended cab. (We ripped off two bolts) Help. Is this normal for this brand and make or did we get a lemon that needs to be taken back!
Hello,

I'm sorry to read about the trouble that brings you here to post here first. I do hope things will turn around for you soon so you can enjoy your trailer.

I'm will let others with more knowledge address your questions but I'm a bit surprised by the dealer's comment of not needing a sway bar.
I have a 20' trailer and I do use a anti-sway bar when towing.

BTW - welcome to the forums.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #3

I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems out of your new TT. We are having some problems with our 2011, but it's with axles and tires. I am so glad we bought the extra years warranty from FR. I would get a WDH if I were you, it makes a world of difference. Let us know how things turn out at the dealer.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #4

I don't care what size camper you have you should always use a WD/anti-sway set up. How stupid can they be to tell you that especially with a 34 foot camper and with a half ton. That IMO is way to much camper for a half ton especially a toy hauler. My hauler is 26 feet and I pull it with a half ton and it right at its limits. So I have to assume you are way over weight with your half ton. I would highly suggest you get a eqiulizer 4 point sway hitch or you asking for trouble.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote