Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
wow.. thanks pmsherman.. and everyone for that matter. I will try those things.. i DO have water flowing thru the hot water side of the spicket.. its just cold. after the heater drained out of all of the pink slime, it never turned on again.

*The battery didnt seem to have any switch. Yes it goes to a juntion grey box under the tongue. Then i follow it all the way to the axles, then it shoots across and up into the camper floor (where the breaker box is.)

*understood about the bumper storage.
*understood about the backflushing.
I am going to use the meter for wiring the 6 plug this week, because we're off camping again the weekend. I really hope I can get the hot water tank working, my mother is coming with.

The CO comment - VERY helpful - because our propane will work (tried stove), but that CO2 tester is DISCO'd, and when I connect it, it keeps going off. (probably why the previous owners disco'd it.) Could it be bad? Because we stayed in the camper, used the A/c and the furnace,and no issues. If its going off, does it ALWAYS mean somethings wrong?

Also, that converter - how do I tell if its bad? My uncle says its under the breaker box, which is under my stove against the floor. (Darndest place for a 6'4" guy to be.)

Its pretty awesome - 1 trip with another camping couple and we figured out most stuff, with your prior help, of course! lol.. not bad, just the 6 plug and the water heater left.

popdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #32
A quick check for the converter would be to measure the battery voltage (at the battery) then plug in to shore power. Measure the battery voltage again. The second reading should be around 14V, maybe even higher. What you're looking for is an increase in voltage when plugged in to shore power.

The increased voltage is an indication that the converter is producing something to recharge the battery. If you can get to the converter, make a note of the manufacturer and model number so you can go online and hopefully get manuals for it.

CO detectors have a limited life span. When they've failed, they will constantly trip and sound off. The only cure for this is to replace it. The CO detector is a critical safety device, especially when using the furnace at night. CO detectors usually also trip if the supply voltage gets too low but I doubt that's the issue with yours.

You might want to try contacting Forest River to see if you can get the owner's manual for your trailer.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote