Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #1

New Converter PD 9260

Last fall I determined, with the help of members on this forum, that my converter was busted (no cooling we thought).

On Friday got the MH out of storage and into my driveway. Saturday it snowed 8 inches so far. The cooler temps made working in MH tolerable - at least I am not dripping sweat all over the place LOL.

Pulled the old converter out. It was located under the main bed of the MH.

Found that the converter chassis ground was corroded at the converter connection. The CB panel ground wire ran to the converter chassis connector and then from there to MH chassis ground. Thus there was 2 #8awg wires in the converter chassis connector. Could the compromised ground have caused the problem? Don't know! Also found that the old converter was wired to a 15amp CB along with all the non GFI plugs in the MH.

Pic 1 shows the CB panel and the empty space behind between the frame and fresh water tank. The old converter was horizontal in that space on the floor.

Pic 2 shows the space where I have to put the PD9260. The PD9260 will not fit horizontally on the floor of that space. The rest of the space is under the bed is crammed with water pump, water pipes, wiring and the slide motor. So the PD9260 will have to go vertically into the space in Pic 2!!

Pic 3 is the mounting board that will have the PD9260 and 20amp plug and eventually connections for ground wires once I can get to an electrical shop tomorrow and get the proper connectors for #8 awg wire. This board will be slide vertically into the space right in front of the water tank behind the CB panel. Had to install a new plug for the converter because there is not enough space to plug the converter into the back of the CB panel in the plug supplied there and then get the board in.

When I get the rest of my supplies tomorrow I can actually install the converter.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #2

Everything in and working perfectly.
Attached Images

Tags
converter