Old 07-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #11

From Bigfoot's website. Looks like I'll need to reboot even after 100% fully charged. I'll post results later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-17-09-00-13.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	114350  

Old 07-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #12

Good news. As per Bigfoot's manual, I took the controller apart and unplugged the wiring harness. Waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in... and the Front and Rear lights are no longer blinking and the Power light is ON.
I'm parked on a bit of an incline, so I'm going to wait to try to level it until I get some proper "wegged" wheel chocks.

Anyone know what the tires are supposed to be inflated to? Mine look low.

2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #13

Very common for bigfoot needing to be reset. Once they get low power they will not operate until you disconnect control panel and then reconnect. They also are connected directly to battery bypassing the disconnect t switch.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #14

I think I'm all set to push that magic auto level button, but wanted to know ahead of time how long the rams extend. I looked at the Bigfoot owners manual and didn't see much of anything except installation instructions.

I'm 8" out of level between the front and rear jacks. I was planning on using some 2"x6" or 6"x6" lumber under the rams to reduce the extension. Does anyone know the ram extension limitations?
Old 07-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #15
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
I think I'm all set to push that magic auto level button, but wanted to know ahead of time how long the rams extend. I looked at the Bigfoot owners manual and didn't see much of anything except installation instructions.

I'm 8" out of level between the front and rear jacks. I was planning on using some 2"x6" or 6"x6" lumber under the rams to reduce the extension. Does anyone know the ram extension limitations?
According to their website 12" total extension, I have had the front wheels about 8" off the ground.

One thing I have found with the Bigfoot auto system is that it extends further than I like on automatic. I usually manual level using a torpedo level on the counter top. I have reset it a couple of times and still prefer the manual over auto. Might just be me.

I figure out where my high side/end is and lower those jacks until they feel solid, then raise the low side until level, then tweak until level. Don't forget to operate them in pairs. Also open the bathroom door before you start (see my mod thread). First time we were a bit out of level and the bathroom door wouldn't open.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #16

Back to batteries- the batteries have been neglected/damaged by allowing to over discharge and low electrolyte levels. Your dealer should provide new of similar capacity or as a minimum shop load test and provide satisfactory results.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #17

I decided to pop the battery caps and make sure the fluid was correct. The threads on the j-bolts holding down the batteries were so rusted, that even after spraying with PB Blaster, it took me about an hour just to get the FIRST wing nut off. The cells were ALL very low, took probably a quart to fill them.
Now... Out to level thus bad boy.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #18

Well, the auto level executed fine, but now the coach door won't shut. It shut perfectly when 8" out of level. I see there are adjustments on the door and door jam. The sliding bracket on the door jam looks like it needs to slide UP about 1/8". Problem is... it's up all the way already.
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:19 PM   #19

I manually lowered the rear just a tad and now I can at least shut the door. I may need to take it back to the dealer and have them modify the opening in the door jam, so the bracket can slide up a little more. I'm about an 1/8 of a bubble off in order to shut the door. That looks to be about 1" off in 8'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160717_141445850_HDR.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	114401  
Old 07-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #20

Battery

We need to re-look the factory installed battery disconnect switch in motor homes guys. When the switch is in the off position and shore power is plugged in the batteries will not charge. Charge off shore power only works when the switch is on. Further--I apparently caught mine with a dog leash, turned off, and didn't know it. When I parked at home I plugged in shore power and 3 weeks later not only were the house batteries dead, so was the coach battery! For some reason the coach battery merges with the house batteries same as if you pushed the switch on the dash.

Tags
motorhome, battery