Old 03-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
New Sabre 5th Wheel Electrical Fix

So we just got our new Sabre 34REQS. While checking all the systems, my microwave stopped working after 4 seconds. No lights on, dead. It was easy to remove the microwave and when I checked it to a good outlet all was fine with the microwave. However when I checked for voltage at the microwave outlet no luck. The breakers were fine so I went and grabbed my meter to check for voltage at the breaker panel. This is easy just be careful as you have to take the breaker box cover off to check. I was happy when I found voltage coming from the breaker into the microwave circuit wiring. My next stop was to find out where the connections were between the breaker and the outlet. In my case under the oven was where I found the "MOLEX" connectors. I secured the circuit at the breaker, disassembled the connector and found on the solid wires side of the connector the wires had not been pressed in properly. In pressed the wires in, reassembled the two halves of the connector, energized the circuit and carefully checked for voltage on the breaker side of the connector. Having voltage there I deenergized the circuit again connected the halves of the connector and Presto problem solved. No trip to a dealer and no warranty claim, yahoo. Al told it took two hours start to finish. I do not really like the "MOLEX" connectors, but that is what they used. I hope this help someone fix their trouble before they take a trip to the service shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	72064  

Docksidedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #2
Nice fix! Probably would have taken the dealer half the day to find that! Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax 2WD CC/SB
2013 Cardinal 3030RS full body paint
B&W Companion slider, air bags, EFI Live Custom tuning by So Cal Diesel
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Welcome to the forum!
Welcome to the Sabre family!

Looks like a good fix and may help someone done the road!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Welcome to the forum and Sabre family from Wisconsin. Congrats on your new Sabre 34REQS. We really enjoy ours.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
Site Team
Are you serious? A new member makes his first post and it's an explanation (with pic) of how he fixed his own problem. Novel idea. I wish I would have tried that.

from out in the country in north central Texas.
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #6
Thanks for the tip, may come in handy later on. Oh by the way, Welcome. We love our 34REQS also.
Tim Myers
2013 Ford F-450
2015 Sabre 34 REQS-6
dustym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #7
Originally Posted by Jerry01 View Post
Nice fix! Probably would have taken the dealer half the day to find that! Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

After it sat at the dealer for weeks , then they would take a few weeks getting authorization , then a few more weeks getting it back in for the 5 minute fix.

All this is based on my experience over the years with different dealers, yours may be different.

DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, electric, electrical, sabre, wheel