Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #1

Talking no 12 volt power through out 2014 surveyor sc291bhhs

Just posting a problem I had and solution. Just picked up my 2014 surveyor , everything worked fine from my drive back to NY to Ohio. While getting everything ready to go camping notice no power when disconnected from the shore line. After checking the breakers and fuses , which all was fine I called the dealer for help. They instructed me to check a relay from the battery under the trailer, ( which the underside is totally covered by the way). All that was fine I had power along the positive line but not in the electrical panel. I again plugged the shore line back in and re tested the electric the hot line to the breakers for any problems with the neutral. Bingo the gfi in my garage popped. I realized the was no neutral or a break in the line. Disconnected the shore line and battery. I followed the neutral back under the trailer and found the bolt where the neutral wire connected to from the battery had sheered off, the wire was hanging off no ground. As soon as I reconnected it I had power. I also found a few other bolts broken in the area. Think the manufacture must have over tighten the bolts. They looked fine until you touch them. Might be a big problem . This is a new travel trailer. I would had taken it back to the dealer but ten hours away the closest surveyor dealer is 2/5 hrs from me ,not very convenient. The only appointment I could get was a month away. So I hope most of you are near a dealer or are handy. So far I like our new travel trailer. I hope this is the last problem I have. That's why I bought new. Oh as far as the extended warranty, I canceling it. Call them but completely no help.
dmg750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Good find and fix... not really on topic but I seem to see a lot of people saying how their dealers give them repair appointments a month or more out recently... Kind of concerning that they are THAT busy with repairs....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, 2014, power, surveyor