Old 10-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Red face No 12V lights or Refrigerator?

Good morning all, I am new to the group and any help would be greatly appreciated.....I awoke this morning to find that I had no 12V lights or refrigerator, however, all of my plugs are working, any ideas of what is happening as I live in mine full time, please help

winniepooh8992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Most likely your battery has become discharged because your Converter (battery charger) has stopped charging it. This could be because the circuit breaker which provides 120v power to the converter has tripped, or because the Converter has died.

Another possibility is that the in-line fuse, normally found within a foot or two of the battery, has blown. It normally looks something like this:

Name:   image-398342663.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  12.5 KB

and may be resettable (look for a button on it).

(If you don't have a voltmeter/multimeter yet, now is a good time to buy one.)

BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Sounds like maybe your converter is not working (that would be taking 110V "shore power" and converting to the 12 volt DC your fridge controls and lights need) or a dead battery.

I assume you are plugged in to 110V if your outlets work. Also what make/model is your rv?

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
I reading from your description that the camper is plugged into 120V shorepower. It sounds like you don't have any 12V DC power was would come from the camper's converter and battery...the fridge requires 12V power for it's circuit board.

Check the voltage across the battery posts with the cables disconnected...a fully charged battery should be about 12.7 V. Also check the voltage across the battery terminals while on should read about 13.5 V...if not, the convertor to kaput.

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

light, refrigerator