Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

No 12V power

I have no 12V power unless I am hooked to shore power. The battery tests good and I swapped batteries just to be sure. The power tongue lift works but not the slide out. I found a fuse in the lift circuit but no other inline fuse. I feel there is a fuse or breaker somewhere but I don't know where it is. Any ideas before I dig deeper?
mharrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Trace back from the battery on the frame rail and see if you have a resettable fuse like in the pic. Press the black button to reset it.

If this fuse trips, it kills direct battery power to everything downstream from the battery (slides, lights, detectors, etc.). Your tongue jack can be directly wired to the battery, thus not affected.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Site Team

what wmtire posted, is probably the problem, since you swapped batteries.

usually, this happens when someone crosses the battery wires, tripping this resettable breaker/fuse.
make sure you've hooked up the battery wires correctly. don't go by color, go by where the wires go. the negative will ground to the frame.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #4

Not sure what type of trailer you have but my Shamrock 23IKSS has a battery disconnect switch by the fuse box inside the trailer. If the switch is off , disconnecting the connection to the battery I can still use all the 12 volt power while connected to shore power.

Good luck I hope you get it figured out.

2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #5

Thanks, that was it. And thanks for the pic--I actually looked at the junction box to see if there was a reset but mine are so small I didn't recognize them.
mharrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrel View Post
Thanks, that was it. And thanks for the pic--I actually looked at the junction box to see if there was a reset but mine are so small I didn't recognize them.
Good deal. Glad you got it solved.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power