Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
Believe me, my dealer was not meticulous. Last weekend was the first time we did not have a water leak. We had it back 3 times for leaks from the filter, water pump and faucets. By the way, we have a habit of plugging into shore power as soon as we get home and gampground power as soon as we unhook. The only time we tried using the battery was when we would pick it up at the dealer. Each time the battery would be dead and I would complain to the service manager. he would say "something must have been on" or "you need a disconnect switch, lots of parasitic drain in these modern trailers". Last weekend I unplugged then tried the slide and nothing. The reason I took the battery cover off was I was going to pull the battery and bring it to the dealer for a new one. Thats when I discovered I only had one wire to the battery. It didn't just fall off either, the wing nut was still on the post.

backin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
The shore power converter provides 12vdc directly to the camper through the fuse panel.

The battery has an auto-resetting fuse, looks like a Lego block, with two posts on it. It could have a red plastic or rubber cover on it.

If those connections become high resistance due to corrosion, you will lose the connection to the battery.

There may be another similar fuse under the tounge or under the pin box to protect the tow vehicle from shorts. If so you must check there too.
Thanks again for the help. We went out today and sure enough that little re-setting switch was tripped. Everything worked fine once we re-set. So glad it was an easy fix!

cordox4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
That is a very good reason you go over every inch of a new trailer when you get it home before you go anywhere. No matter how meticulous a dealer may be, he may still miss something. The fastest way to discover a problem is to camp at home in the driveway when you first get a new camper.
100% Correct!!!!!

We do the driveway camping thing every year, usually at the end of March just to be sure everything is functioning properly, other than the AC units but I turn them on as soon as it starts getting warm. Little critters like to climb under and make homes for the with. We had one that made a meal out of out propane line on our old trailer. Found it during a driveway camp out. Finding the problems at home beats the pieces out of finding it out on the road and then looking for a Home Depot or Lowes or RV Dealer.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote

battery, electrical, power