Old 05-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
No left rear directional or brake lights

I have a 2015 Prism 2150LE Class C motor home. We took it out last week and noticed the left REAR directional and brake lights did not work. The front left and right worked fine. We had running lights on the left rear but that is all. I assumed it was a fuse but couldn't find any that were blown. The manual is a joke on this rig so I took it to a Mercedes Benz dealer and they said it wasn't their problem and that the coach manufacturer needed to fix it. I have an appointment next week but would like to try to fix it myself. I've been reading other forums and some folks have had similar problems and said there were fuses located in other areas of the coach. I checked the fuse panel by the inverter and it all looks ok. It didn't have any fuses marked "turn/brake lights". I'm really stumped, could a wire have come loose behind the tail light? That was my next step. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Carknocker Family
Do you have a fuse box under hood? Sounds like fuse, but could be bad wiring. Did it use to work?

Nights camped 2014...26
Nights camped 2015...20
Nights camped 2016...20
2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #3

I received very prompt information back from the Forest River people. Ronald Ross got back to me incredibly fast and helped me out. He told me there was a tail light control module in the rear compartment behind a black plastic cover. It has several fuses on it that control the lighting to the rear of the motorhome. I checked the fuses and sure enough the left one was blown. I just don't understand why a better job can't be done on the owners manuals. I do understand it's hard to do because of all the variations but there could at least be a sticker on the cover that says "fuses". Even so, I am very glad that Forest River seems to have very knowledgeable people to help their customers! Super fast response too!! Thanks Again!!!!!!
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote

light, brakes