Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #1

No power in most outlets

I turned the bedroom TV on this morning and 10 seconds later it went off. I noticed my laptop power light also went off. The laptop was plugged into a different outlet below the TV. I went into the bathroom and checked the GFCI outlet and it was tripped, but would't reset. I checked other outlets and noticed that 3 slave GFCI outlets in the kitchen were dead; 2 den outlets dead; ceiling fan in den is dead; outside GFCI slave dead; storage GFCI slave dead. I have another master GFCI outlet in the kitchen, which has no load, and it works.

This is a mystery as this rig is only 2 months old. It's a 2015 Cedar Creek 38RD 50 amp rig. I haven't had any problems until now. I called the dealer and spoke to a tech, who suggested that I trace the wires--really!

I pulled the GFCI outlet out of the bathroom and checked for power--none. No power coming to the plug. I checked the breakers and all were good. I checked the power on the breakers and all had power. I pulled two breakers for the outlets and checked the lines and all good and secure. I turned all breakers off and unplugged from the power pole. Reconnected and turned breakers back on and nothing changed. I looked through the access port to the rear of the breaker area and observed no junction boxes or loose wires.

I can't figure this out. Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix. Thanks in advance.
Sciatore12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #2

Not sure of the floor plan but or bunkhouse has 2 GFCI plugs one in the second bathroom, may have one outside or in an under compartment?
Old 02-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #3

I've searched for an additional GFCI outlet and cannot find one. Just the one in the bathroom, which is not getting power, and the one in the kitchen, which is not feeding any other outlets and is working.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

check your fuses.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciatore12 View Post
I've searched for an additional GFCI outlet and cannot find one. Just the one in the bathroom, which is not getting power, and the one in the kitchen, which is not feeding any other outlets and is working.
The kitchen GFCI may feed the other as a threw switch if either of ours pop they both go dead. Could be a bad switch?
Old 02-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #6

all fuses look good, but I thought they only were for 12 volt.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
all fuses look good, but I thought they only were for 12 volt.
In our old tt we hooked the battery up back once. We blew 3 fuses. When that happened, we had power to some outlets and not others when plugged in to shore power. At first glance we thought all fuses looked ok but a second closer look comparing one fuse to another showed us the blown fuses.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #8

Have you tried flipping all breakers on and off, just in case one has tripped and you didn't see it moved?

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #9

Yes, I have flipped all breakers and checked all fuses. All were ok.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #10

Quote:
I turned the bedroom TV on this morning and 10 seconds later it went off. I noticed my laptop power light also went off. The laptop was plugged into a different outlet below the TV. I went into the bathroom and checked the GFCI outlet and it was tripped, but would't reset. I checked other outlets and noticed that 3 slave GFCI outlets in the kitchen were dead; 2 den outlets dead; ceiling fan in den is dead; outside GFCI slave dead; storage GFCI slave dead. I have another master GFCI outlet in the kitchen, which has no load, and it works.

This is a mystery as this rig is only 2 months old. It's a 2015 Cedar Creek 38RD 50 amp rig. I haven't had any problems until now. I called the dealer and spoke to a tech, who suggested that I trace the wires--really!

I pulled the GFCI outlet out of the bathroom and checked for power--none. No power coming to the plug. I checked the breakers and all were good. I checked the power on the breakers and all had power. I pulled two breakers for the outlets and checked the lines and all good and secure. I turned all breakers off and unplugged from the power pole. Reconnected and turned breakers back on and nothing changed. I looked through the access port to the rear of the breaker area and observed no junction boxes or loose wires.

I can't figure this out. Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix. Thanks in advance.
Two months old and everything running good, why assume problem is in trailer. Could you have lost a leg coming in from the campground? Have you a multimeter you could check source power source with? If no do you have enough cord to reach another power plug? I neighbors that you know works. If running through a pigtail remove it. Seems like to much is out to be a trailer problem. May also want to check your main breaker. Should be a two pole. Be careful with hot lines.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #11
edt

My GFI feeds 7 outlers and about 10 after I had no power at GFI found broken wire at gfi this Cottage was no 60 days old period.
edt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #12

Had a similar problem with our Rockwood, turned out to be a loose connection in the kitchen GFCI.
bill8563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Back stabbing receptacles can be problematic. I change mine to the terminals.

That sure seems like a lot of receptacles on one circuit.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #14

You may have a GFI outside.
fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, electrical