Old 07-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
No power to outlets

We have a 2007 Flagstaff/ForestRiver 176LTP pop up camper we bought used last fall. This past weekend camping, a storm came thru and after a crack of lighting, the power to the outlets no longer works. We checked all the fuses, and the breakers and everything was fine. No blown fuses, no tripped breakers. Just to be safe we turned the breakers off and then back on, both in the camper and where it was plugged in at the pole. When checking the outlets, they say GFCI protected put none of the 3 outlets have a GFI reset button. I don't know where else to look to fix this problem, help!!!

suessNangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Engineer of Crazy Train
One GFCI outlet controls all other outlets down from that one.

TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
The GFCI outlet with the trip reset is usually the one closest to the power distribution center. Check near the sinks in the kitchen and bathroom or in the biggest pass through storage space.

Are all other devices and circuits in the camper functioning normally (ie refrigerator and tv and the overhead lighting)?
Bmbrady77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #4
There are 3 outlets inside the camper and none of them have a GFI reset button, they have a sticker that says GFI protected but no reset, we even took the cover off the outlet to see it was behind the cover, nothing!! There is another for the fridge, it can be found when you remove the fridge vent from the outside. The lights still work but nothing else. I can run the fridge off the battery but it doesn't work when plugged in. I am at a loss as to where to look. The guy at the RV store said the lights run off the battery but when we unplugged the camper from the shore power the lights went out, so there was no problem with the shore power. We just have no working outlets.

This is just a small pop-up so there is no bathroom or TV, there is a sink and I have looked all around the inside for a outlet with a GFI reset and can't find one, Dont know where else to look?
Old 07-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #5
Is there an outside outlet?
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
Keep looking in every nook and cranny for that master GFCI outlet - there's got to be one but it may be in a very odd location. It will be in the last place you look (by definition... once you find it, why would you keep looking?)
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
My GFCI outlet on my 2280BH was under the dinette. Different model, so I can't be much more help than that. On a side note, if your battery was connected and charged, the lights should have stayed on when you disconnected the power.

When you said you checked the breakers, did you flip them off and then back on? Sometimes they'll trip and it won't be obvious.
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
Call a dealer that will service this RV. The service department could help.
Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Site Team
Do you have a hot water tank? If so, did you check for plug near it? Open up every cabinet and access panel?

It's either got to be there, or somebody replaced the GFI with a non GFI (which is dangerous).
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:31 AM   #10
The only "outside" plug is at the back of the fridge, where you take the vent off, its to plug the fridge in and there is no GFI reset on that. Next time we open it up, I will look in the seating area again where the water tank is. I don't recall looking to hard in that area. Other than that I have looked in every nook and cranny I can find in the pop-up. Would there be anything under the pop-up?
Yes we flipped the breakers off and back on more than once and it didn't help. We bought it used so I will find out the dealer who originally sold it and I will give them a call. Thank you