Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #21

Thanks, Deuce...I'll check that next
SARDogDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #22

I used a tester on all fuses on the DC side and they tested OK. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #23

no screws on AC outlet plate

Hope you don't have a broken wire somewhere.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #24

I don't know how your converter is, mine is plugged into an outlet controlled by a 15 amp circuit breaker and on the converter itself I have two 40 amp fuses plus the two wires that feed the 12 volt side. That's where I tested to see I needed a new converter.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #25

Lessons learned

Alright...$215 dollars later and the temporary loss of my "Man Card" I'll file the solution to all of this in, "Lessons Learned". I actually should have lost my man card with my initial post about getting the faceplates off, but you folks were gracious and no one beat me up. The solution to all of this was a poor connection of my EMS to the shore power outlet. Any time I've had this "intermittent" power loss while on the road, I'd always unplug my EMS where it connected to the power pedestal, trouble shoot, then plug it back in. This is why power would come back on when I plugged it in, in between all the wire tightening I did at the GFCI. I was sure, it had something to do with the GFCI, but it was related to FINALLY plugging the EMS in where the connection remained solid. At home when this happened, I unplugged at the EMS, when I would troubleshoot the issue, not at the receptacle. Right now, I'm going with simply, SLIGHTLY, bending the prongs out on the male end of the EMS. It snugged up, just fine. The real moral of the story...When you trouble shoot an electrical issue, start at shore power, EVEN if you are sure shore power is adequate...After all, it may not be voltage or amperage, but something as simple as the male and female ends not being tight. Had I done so, this problem would have been solved months ago. Thanks to EVERYONE for all the help!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #26

Yep! Sometimes you can't see the Forrest for the trees! We have all been there one time or another.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #27

Glad you got it figured out! Congrats!!!
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote