Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat-n-Kat View Post
OK friends, this problem was due to a grave oversight on my part. I put a double pole breaker in my house so I dumped 220 on a 110 inverter. A/C and fridge are fine. I zapped the control panal on the microwave. My battery will no longer take a charge so I fried it as well. I will replace the battery to solve that of course. I don't suppose the inverter needs a good battery to work properly does it? A guy can dream right? Any way, I think I may get away with just a battery and inverter. Not to bad for such a bonehead mistake on my part. I truly appreciate all the advice and help on this issue.

Pat
You CANNOT run a wfco converter without a battery or with a bad battery.

Is your converter working?

Turbs

Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Other things you should check.

Tv
Radio dvd combo
Water heater
Furnace
Converter

Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #13

Turbs and Barry, the reason I say the battery isn't charging is I took it out and put my battery tender on it, it isn't excepting a charge. Will have it tested to be sure. TV was not hooked up and the water heater is fine but haven't checked the furnace.

Turbs, according to what your saying I will need to check/replace the battery first to know for sure. When hooked to tow power all 12v works fine. When I am hooked to shore power I have know 12v. But if I understand you right, I will need a good battery to know if the converter is working properly.

This will take a while since I have 13 members of her family here with us for a wedding and then the better half and I fly out Sunday for a little R&R on a big boat with many cold beverages. All of you have been very helpful. Will let you guys know how it is going when we get back.

Thanks,
Pat
Old 09-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat-n-Kat View Post
Turbs and Barry, the reason I say the battery isn't charging is I took it out and put my battery tender on it, it isn't excepting a charge. Will have it tested to be sure. TV was not hooked up and the water heater is fine but haven't checked the furnace.

Turbs, according to what your saying I will need to check/replace the battery first to know for sure. When hooked to tow power all 12v works fine. When I am hooked to shore power I have know 12v. But if I understand you right, I will need a good battery to know if the converter is working properly.

This will take a while since I have 13 members of her family here with us for a wedding and then the better half and I fly out Sunday for a little R&R on a big boat with many cold beverages. All of you have been very helpful. Will let you guys know how it is going when we get back.

Thanks,
Pat
Pm sent.

Turbs
Old 09-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #15

Got it

Tags
charging