Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #1

Open circuit

I have a 2008 Rockwood signature ultra light 8314SS. The ceiling porch light circuit shows a blown fuse/open circuit. The fuse is ok as I swapped it with a working fuse. What could be the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
traveltrailerrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Those blown fuse indicators work on a voltage differential. They are wired across the fuse holder and as long as the fuse is good there is almost zero voltage difference across the light, so it doesn't come on. When the fuse blows there is a good bit of voltage across the light and it illuminates. In order for the indicator to illuminate when the fuse is good, there pretty much has to be a problem with the fuse holder. It could be a broken solder joint on the board.

I assume the associated light is not working?
Old 06-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #3

The other night I replace a worn out switch on an exterior light on the front of the trailer. Prior to soldering new switch, I checked to make sure new switch allowed the light to come on and it did. When I finished soldering, the light didn't work. It was late so I didn't trouble shoot. We left the next morning for a week long trip and noticed slide lights didn't work when we got all settles in. Checked circuit breakers and saw the red LED on. Pulled the fuse, it looked good so I swapped the fuse in a working circuit to make sure fuse was good. Fuse is good and LED is on even with good fuse in. I will pull box when we get home next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
traveltrailerrookie is offline   Reply With Quote