Old 11-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestgirl View Post
We are now in Laughlin for about 6 weeks and I will have a family member look at the outlet during their visit. I'm NOT using the outlets that give off heat. Will update as soon as this is completed. Wondering if poor wiring/defective wiring is common with new RV'S? Or did I buy a lemon? Our Keystone and Jayco TT were perfect in every way and we never encountered such problems in all the years we owned them. Contemplating trading it off now...after our trip.
Is the outlet getting hot or is it the low voltage adaptor for your charger getting warm? I only ask because some of these can get rather warm and there have been reported fires related to certain Iphone / IPad chargers. I have also seen some aftermarket chargers go up in smoke.

Me and my wife with 3 kids love camping!!
dmf564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestgirl View Post
We are now in Laughlin for about 6 weeks and I will have a family member look at the outlet during their visit. I'm NOT using the outlets that give off heat. Will update as soon as this is completed. Wondering if poor wiring/defective wiring is common with new RV'S? Or did I buy a lemon? Our Keystone and Jayco TT were perfect in every way and we never encountered such problems in all the years we owned them. Contemplating trading it off now...after our trip.
Don't think you got a lemon, it is just industry practice to use the push in connections on receptacles and some just do not grip the wires tight enough. Very easy to fix as has been stated before.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Don't think you got a lemon, it is just industry practice to use the push in connections on receptacles and some just do not grip the wires tight enough. Very easy to fix as has been stated before.
Electricians use the push ins too.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Electricians use the push ins too.
The push ins are definitely quicker, but not as reliable IMO.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #15

The adapter for charging my IPAD and phone was getting hot while using two different outlets in living room but NOT while using other outlets. Real HOT.
The reason I mentioned "lemon" in my comment is because of the list I now have of defects or flaws, things gone wrong or broke while using.
The list has 14 items now. (60 days old)
Last night a neighbor came over to welcome us to the campground and he sat down on our dining chair: the leg broke! He's about 6 feet and 200 pounds. So I turned the chair upside down...made in Malaysia. Besides the 5th wheel failing my expectations for quality...I AM ENJOYING SEEING AMERICA! Beautiful country!

2005 K-2500 Silverado 8.1L 6 speed Allison
Midwestgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestgirl
The adapter for charging my IPAD and phone was getting hot while using two different outlets in living room but NOT while using other outlets. Real HOT.
The reason I mentioned "lemon" in my comment is because of the list I now have of defects or flaws, things gone wrong or broke while using.
The list has 14 items now. (60 days old)
Last night a neighbor came over to welcome us to the campground and he sat down on our dining chair: the leg broke! He's about 6 feet and 200 pounds. So I turned the chair upside down...made in Malaysia. Besides the 5th wheel failing my expectations for quality...I AM ENJOYING SEEING AMERICA! Beautiful country!
14 items, thankfully you're a long way from "lemon" status. Unless you get lucky you'll leave at least another 25% of your money on the table! Seek advice here and other resources (family, etc.) and you will get through it. Take pics and provide to your dealer. After a year things will be behind you and can continue to enjoy campin, best of luck.