Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #1

Outside Stabilizer switches do not work.

I have a 2016 Wildwood 26tbss that has remote control for everything. only 14 months old and only been on 2 short trips. The outside switches do absolutely nothing. Have to use the remote. well, this morning while packing up, the remote stopped working the stabilizers. I had to manually crank them. at home now and found bad fuse on board under the fridge. My questions. 1. what would cause the 20 amp fuse to blow? No loose connections. 2. where should I start on finding out why outside switches do nothing? Any help is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709_124354.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	144165

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709_124443.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	144166
ethansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #2

Could be a fluke, the switch, the wiring itself or a bad motor. I found my switches didn't last long at all although I never blew a fuse. Did you try the switch after you replaced the fuse? You can check for voltage at the switch or check the ohm reading of the switch and or your wiring. Just in case someone is looking for these switches I found them here: https://www.amazon.com/Rocker-Switch...BP8A58AK6D2HC7
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
Could be a fluke, the switch, the wiring itself or a bad motor. I found my switches didn't last long at all although I never blew a fuse. Did you try the switch after you replaced the fuse? You can check for voltage at the switch or check the ohm reading on your wiring. Just in case someone is looking for these switches I found them here: https://www.amazon.com/Rocker-Switch...BP8A58AK6D2HC7
It's both switches. One is for rear, other for front. I failed to mention that they have never worked. Havent worried about it and have been putting it off crawling underneath. Dont know if they are wired in series either. Now that it is driveway, grabbing the fluke meter and gonna poke around. Thanks for replying.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #4

No need to go underneath, the switches come out. Usually the 12 volts is connected at the center terminals. Then those are connected to the outside terminals either with wiring you can see or internally.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #5

Actually found a common wire not done correctly from dealer. Corrected, changed remote board fuse and all good. Thanks for the reply.

Tags
switch