Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #1

Overhead bunk won't lower

Bunk won't lower, get 4 flashing red lights between each green flash. Looked for fuse as indicated in previous posts, next to house battery, but could not fid fuse. Don't know if it is a fuse since I am getting power to panel.

Have 2018 Pursuit 32WC
DonOcchiline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:20 PM   #2

Between this and your other post about your water pump not working I'd say you have a larger electrical issue going on. Are you plugged in to shore power? Are other 12v accessories working?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #3

Getting 12 volts at switch, slides are working. Plugged into shore pwr.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #4

That's really odd, wish I could be more help. Did anything change between when they last worked and now? Battery disconnected and reconnected, etc?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
That's really odd, wish I could be more help. Did anything change between when they last worked and now? Battery disconnected and reconnected, etc?
I am sure they disconnected the batteries, the slide was not working. But other than that, the pump and bed were working when I dropped it off. I am setting up a time to take it back, should be under warranty.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonOcchiline View Post
I am sure they disconnected the batteries, the slide was not working. But other than that, the pump and bed were working when I dropped it off. I am setting up a time to take it back, should be under warranty.
I would think there's polarity protection in the converter, but who knows what would really happen if someone accidentally reversed the wires when reconnecting the battery initially? That's not something I've had the desire to test. Something had to have happened to cause you multiple electrical issues/failures, though.

Good luck and hopefully it's a quick and easy fix!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #7

In line with the bunk not going down... does anybody know where the Bunk Control Lift Box is located in a 2014 Coachmen Pursuit? I need to disconnect to reset according to Lippert’s recommendation, but I can’t find that unit.
PasJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Your error code “C” indicates you have one of 5 issues.
2 are reverse polarity so they are out. That leaves 1. Loose Connector, 2. Low Voltage (12.0 may qualify as low voltage) and 3. A bad motor (#1). You need a diagnostic. Good news that it is only 1 hr labor to replace a motor. Bad news is the motor is about $400.
Good Luck
Old 07-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasJosh View Post
In line with the bunk not going down... does anybody know where the Bunk Control Lift Box is located in a 2014 Coachmen Pursuit? I need to disconnect to reset according to Lippert’s recommendation, but I can’t find that unit.
Maybe... Look behind the passenger side speaker in the panel above the dashboard.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #10

Update... The Bed Moves!

Thanks for the comments and feedback by others. I was able to work with Lippert and Coachmen - Plant 310, to get the information on how to reset and reprogram the stops for the Bed Lift. Everything works and 'Harvey' is back on the road again this afternoon!
PasJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #11
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasJosh View Post
Thanks for the comments and feedback by others. I was able to work with Lippert and Coachmen - Plant 310, to get the information on how to reset and reprogram the stops for the Bed Lift. Everything works and 'Harvey' is back on the road again this afternoon!
Thats great but the stop settings are not on the control box. They are on the back of the control panel. i.e. not what you asked. Also, you’re not the OP so your post subject might make folks think the OP has resolved his issue which is not the case.

Tags
bunk