Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #1

Please help, My dog chewed up some wires.

Hello everybody, I'm new on here. trying to find some help with some wires my dog destroyed. I have a 2016 Wildcat Maxx 26 foot trailer. Up near the tongue of the trailer there is a junction box that has the plug and the runaway trailer brake wires. Just pass the junction box there is a terminal strip mounted to the frame. The main battery wire is terminated here along with several others. this is where my dog pulled wires off. There are a couple wires that were pulled off that I have No idea where they go. I've been searching for wiring diagrams or pictures or anything that can help me. So if anyone out there can help me get going in the right direction, I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank You for your time.

Mike.
soccer4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #2

Post a pic.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #3

this is just a stupid thought and i don't know if it would work. but it sounds like this terminal strip is the connection between the trailer wiring and the 7-pin cable to the tow vehicle. as such is it 12 volt wiring. if you had a car battery could you connect negative to ground and then positive to one of the unknown wires and see what lights up?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
Site Team

As said above, a picture would be worth 16 words (or something like that)

How many terminal points does the terminal block have?
Old 08-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
2003 Georgetown 325

So when are you planning to have the dog for supper??
reddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #6

I assume the dog wasn't didn't have a Christmas Vacation Cat electrocution!

Post a picture and I'm sure you'll be helped by the neighborhood.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:45 AM   #7

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer4life View Post
Hello everybody, I'm new on here. trying to find some help with some wires my dog destroyed. I have a 2016 Wildcat Maxx 26 foot trailer. Up near the tongue of the trailer there is a junction box that has the plug and the runaway trailer brake wires. Just pass the junction box there is a terminal strip mounted to the frame. The main battery wire is terminated here along with several others. this is where my dog pulled wires off. There are a couple wires that were pulled off that I have No idea where they go. I've been searching for wiring diagrams or pictures or anything that can help me. So if anyone out there can help me get going in the right direction, I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank You for your time.

Mike.
When mobile vehicles are constructed to industry standards, a person might rely on the color of the wires. White wires are usually a ground or neural wire connected to the chassis or frame. A red wire is usually a battery powered wire and often connected to a positive 12V source at all times. A brown wire is usually for running/clearance/tail lights. A green wire is for the right turn signal/brake light and the yellow wire for left turn signal/brake light. The trailer brakes are usually on a blue wire. Backup lights are rarely installed on a trailer and that wire may be cut or terminated to prevent a short.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:50 AM   #8

To me what the OP is asking about is the 12vDC terminal where all the 12vDC wires are connected and not the 7-wire Bargman wiring for marking lights, etc. IF those wires are color coded and IF this is the 12vDC terminal then the wires just need to be spliced back together. I agree that a photo of this would help

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #9

splitshaft - thank you for the information on wire colors and what they operate or where they connect. For myself, this may seem simple but very helpful.

When mobile vehicles are constructed to industry standards, a person might rely on the color of the wires. White wires are usually a ground or neural wire connected to the chassis or frame. A red wire is usually a battery powered wire and often connected to a positive 12V source at all times. A brown wire is usually for running/clearance/tail lights. A green wire is for the right turn signal/brake light and the yellow wire for left turn signal/brake light. The trailer brakes are usually on a blue wire. Backup lights are rarely installed on a trailer and that wire may be cut or terminated to prevent a short.
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:36 AM   #10

OP has left the post! LOL!
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote