Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
I recently had a discussion about this at a show as I was looking for someplace local instead of 250 miles one way for warranty work.I put the question out right up front "do you do warranty work on units that were bought elsewhere?"Both places are about 30 miles from us.One place the salesman said they would even thoug they were not a cherrokee dealer. He said FR is FR and it didnt matter what it was or where it was bought as long as it was a FR unit.The other place the service mngr was acting as a salesman and I posed the same question. They are a cherrokee dealer. He said "no problem but any warranty work has to be approved by FR before they can do any work" I told him I understand that but I am mostly concerned with the time frame that they (the dealer) would need to do the approved work. His responce was " we do it as quickly as we can but you (I) have to understand that warranty only pays about 30 40% of what customer service does,so we do it when we do not have any real work in the shop". I have since decided to just fix things myself because we bought it to use,not sit around waiting for a dealer to do it in thier spare time.
Take it to the Goshen Rally and get it done in less than a week and you will have plenty to keep you entertained while they do it.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 PM   #22

we discussed doing this but if they need to take it,where do the two of us and the two dogs live? It turned out to be moot anyway because by the time the dates for the ralley came out we had conflicting reservations on manatulin island for a 2 week reunion camp with some camping friends that we havent seen in 20 yrs.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:12 AM   #23
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldGThomas View Post
Its the electrical system 'module' aka 'controller' that takes the electrical system from the chassis, it is also the 'meet point' between the chassis and the coach. My Solera is a diesel Sprinter from Mercedes. This electrical 'controller' or 'module' is the 3rd party vendor product that connects the Mercedes electric system to the coach for running lights, brake lights, direction signals in the back. I don't tow, so this is not about a brake controller. All other systems are fine and dandy.
Today, I have been contacted by both FRI and CW service folks to demonstrate they are working on a solution. Results are what counts, now.
This module issue has been discussed in the Solera section of the forum a few times. Someone has come up with a nice temporary work-around using the trailer light plug. See More tail/marker light issues
Also, personally I had better luck with an independent RV shop, prior approval to use them from FR, send bill to FR for reimbursement. In my opinion, dealer was hopeless case.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Have you been to the Goshen rally, if not, it is a whole new ballgame and you would be impressed. FR will fix whatever problem you have. Everyone that has been there will vouch for what I say.
We have seriously been so disappointed with our dealer and Forest River that we have no trust in either of them anymore. Also, not happy with the local RV Repair Shop. At the point of just trying to get what needs to be repaired, repaired. In the future, we will do our own repairs, and as soon as finances allow, we will sell and buy elsewhere.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Sounds like some folks need to go to the Goshen Rally and get the problems corrected properly and for free.
Free my butt. Between entry fees, fuel and time it's actually quite expensive to get things repaired that way. I have better things to do with my time and money than let the factory fix things that should be covered under warranty by my local dealer.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 AM   #26

Just fix it by who you trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
I recently had a discussion about this at a show as I was looking for someplace local instead of 250 miles one way for warranty work.I put the question out right up front "do you do warranty work on units that were bought elsewhere?"Both places are about 30 miles from us.One place the salesman said they would even thoug they were not a cherrokee dealer. He said FR is FR and it didnt matter what it was or where it was bought as long as it was a FR unit.The other place the service mngr was acting as a salesman and I posed the same question. They are a cherrokee dealer. He said "no problem but any warranty work has to be approved by FR before they can do any work" I told him I understand that but I am mostly concerned with the time frame that they (the dealer) would need to do the approved work. His responce was " we do it as quickly as we can but you (I) have to understand that warranty only pays about 30 40% of what customer service does,so we do it when we do not have any real work in the shop". I have since decided to just fix things myself because we bought it to use,not sit around waiting for a dealer to do it in thier spare time.
I totally agree and feel the same way. If something goes wrong, time is more important than money. I bought my RV from a wholesaler and saved some money. I never intend to ever use these repair shops. TO me the price I saved is what I will pay to fix it if there is a problem. I will either bring it to an independent auto shop or an auto body shop. You find people you trust and pay them for their time and experience. These things are not all that complicated to a person who is mechanically inclined.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Free my butt. Between entry fees, fuel and time it's actually quite expensive to get things repaired that way. I have better things to do with my time and money than let the factory fix things that should be covered under warranty by my local dealer.
Well......
Take in consideration that your camping for 6 nights.
You get breakfast every morning.
A hot supper every night but two.
In The vendor area there's door prizes given away every day.
Free ice cream sundaes.
Free rv related workshops
Free rv repair
All this for what $400.00?
Sounds pretty cheap to me!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
Old 04-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #28
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldGThomas View Post
My local CampingWorld Service department sent email to their contact at Forest River to send the proper end plugs for the male ends on the wiring bundle to attach to the new controller sent earlier this month.
Did you ever get this resolved?

We have direct links to the service and sales departments of Forest River now. Before I add another cook in the kitchen, who have you been in contact with besides the dealer?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Well......
Take in consideration that your camping for 6 nights.
You get breakfast every morning.
A hot supper every night but two.
In The vendor area there's door prizes given away every day.
Free ice cream sundaes.
Free rv related workshops
Free rv repair
All this for what $400.00?
Sounds pretty cheap to me!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
If rallys are your thing and you just want to go, then it's a deal.

I'd rather be going out west this summer.
I'd rather be kicked back in Key West next spring.

I have limited vacation time, I like meeting other people but the only attraction for me to burn a weeks vacation, $425 entry fees, fuel for 1500 miles, would be getting my camper fixed. Plus where will I sleep while the factory fixes the list of issues my dealer is too incompetent to fix? A hotel?

I'm not hating on those that go, it's just not my thing and it most certainly isn't free.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
If rallys are your thing and you just want to go, then it's a deal.

I'd rather be going out west this summer.
I'd rather be kicked back in Key West next spring.

I have limited vacation time, I like meeting other people but the only attraction for me to burn a weeks vacation, $425 entry fees, fuel for 1500 miles, would be getting my camper fixed. Plus where will I sleep while the factory fixes the list of issues my dealer is too incompetent to fix? A hotel?

I'm not hating on those that go, it's just not my thing and it most certainly isn't free.
Compared to spending time & money going back and forth to a dealer and still getting no satisfaction, it is not expensive for what you get in return, but of course if they fixed it in Goshen, there wouldn't be anything to gripe about. JMHO.

We were just trying to help you get your problems fixed the right way, regardless of the root causes.

Tags
dealer, forest river, service