Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #1

Angry Porch light will not go off

Noticed the porch light was on when we got back from camping this weekend. Switch would not cut light off. Disconnected the white and orange with white strip wires to/from switch, light is still on. Switched wires between interior light switch and porch light. Porch light still on interior light switches on and off. Pulled off the porch light there is an orange wire tied to the orange wire with white stripe tied to wire from fixture I am assuming the orange wire is back feeding the light. Any idea where the orange wire comes from? I took down one ceiling light that is not switched but it is fed with blue and white wires. Same as the switched light from the interior light switch. The blue and white wire are on the hot side of the switch.

Porch light switch was working a couple weeks ago. I changed the radio with another last week. New radio is same make as original and has the same electrical connection on it. It was a matter of plug and play, no wires were cut or changed. Porch light switch was working after the radio upgrade.

Any thoughts/ideas?
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #2

Do you have a remote that turns your lights on and off? If you do and you turned the light on with the remote the switch will not turn it off. It has to be done with the remote.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
Do you have a remote that turns your lights on and off? If you do and you turned the light on with the remote the switch will not turn it off. It has to be done with the remote.
X2 on what Stormrider stated above. We have had this scenario come up a lot lately, and if the light was somehow turned on with a remote, it has to be turned off that way also...as Stormrider said.

Here's some recent threads about this:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-on-78949.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...off-77142.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #4

That was it. I thought the light switch was for the LED rope lights that is not on the TT.

Thanks for your help, this forum is a great resource.

Mark

Tags
light