Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots49 View Post
wmtire, I notice at most campgrounds that have a pedestal, they have a 50 amp, 30 amp, and a 20 amp. How do you connect to the 20 amp, is there a reducer? Thank you Al.
Yes, there are all kind of adapters (better term than reducer) that let you adapt from a 50 amp to a 30 amp...or to a 20/15 amp.

They also make adapters that go the other way, and let you connect a 30 amp RV to a 50 amp outlet....or a 15/20 amp outlet.

Now if you are actually maybe talking about plugging a standard household plug (like you would find on a coffee maker, fan, or something), they will plug directly into a 20 amp outlet, even with the sideways T prong.

Here's a link to some camping world adapters, just to let you start seeing all the varieties.

Electrical Adapters, Replacement Power Receptacles, Power Adapters & Connectors - Camping World

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
Thank you wmtire. The reason I was asking, we were at the Goshen rally last year & when I was ready to leave my TPMS 507 told me that ai had a low tire, since I was packed I took out my 15 amp cord & my compressor, plugged into the pedestal, no juice! So I got out my trusty 30 amp adaptor & pumped up the tire. That is why I was wondering why it did not work.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Boots49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots49 View Post
Thank you wmtire. The reason I was asking, we were at the Goshen rally last year & when I was ready to leave my TPMS 507 told me that ai had a low tire, since I was packed I took out my 15 amp cord & my compressor, plugged into the pedestal, no juice! So I got out my trusty 30 amp adaptor & pumped up the tire. That is why I was wondering why it did not work.
May have been something wrong with the 20 amp outlet, or it's circuit breaker (if it was on it's own as in the pic above). I'm pretty sure at that point you weren't going to spend the time to check out their outlet, and was just wanting to get the tire aired up to hit the road.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
Thanks for the reply,wmtire.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Boots49 is offline   Reply With Quote