Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #1

Power Center Fan

We bought our 23fbs Wildwood new in 2010 and had never heard the fan running in the power center, ever.
While camping this weekend at a local lake, yes we still have a few here in Cali, on full hookups, the fan ran continuously.
Thought we were going to have to replace it. Turned off the breakers inside the coach and turned them back on, no change.
Turned off the service at the pole and back on again, no change.
While I was hitching up to go home I noticed that the emergency brake lanyard had come out of its place on the tongue. Could that possibly be the reason the power center fan was running all weekend?
When we got home and unloaded, I ran the 120 line to the garage and there was no fan running. I then pulled the E-Brake lanyard out of its holder and checked that the fan was running!! Replaced it back into its switch, checked again and the fan was off!!
Mystery solved! Not good that the brakes were energized all weekend though!! Need to make sure that that lanyard wire is out of the way of the power tongue jack from now on. I think that is what happened. I had no drivability problems going there.

Tags
fan, power