Originally Posted by herk7769
Plugging a 110 volt camper into a 220 volt socket will do that.
"certified electricians" have destroyed more campers than anything.
Hopefully you will only be buying a new converter and not a new air conditioner as well.
I agree with Lou's statement about "certified Electricians"
I have ran into a few that really make ya wonder how they passed there exam - its kinda scary if ya ask me.
a/c runs on 110v so that would not be possible
you could pull the cover from the inside of the trailer and hard wire the a/c to a cord to test it if you really want to cut the end off of your extension cord.
forgot to add this - make sure the cord is "NOT" plugged in when you cut the end off so you dont get shocked or better yet hurt from the spark it will put off.
Most likely you fried the converter board and hopefully thats all that needs to be replaced.