Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #31
Member
 
Pher1130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Ah ok. Well I'll try all this stuff when I get back to the trailer tomorrow night.

I'll keep everyone updated.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Pher1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #32
Member
 
Pher1130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Well I FINALLY was able to make it back to my TT today. I think I definitely have a power converter problem that's causing the refrigerator problem. I got there and the battery on the trailer was practically dead with shore power plugged in. The interior lights were even dim since the battery isn't charging. The battery was replaced just 3 weeks ago. So I plugged the trailer into my Suburban for 12v power and everything works except the refrigerator. I left the Suburban running for an hour to see if the refrigerator would start up but no luck. So I'm thinking definitely a power converter issue and maybe potentially the refrigerator too. The TT is less than a year old so it still has a warranty.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Pher1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #33
Member
 
Pher1130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Forgot to mention that I did check the fuses behind the exterior panel and they were fine. Also tapped the lines in case of vapor lock but no luck.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Pher1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pher1130 View Post
Forgot to mention that I did check the fuses behind the exterior panel and they were fine. Also tapped the lines in case of vapor lock but no luck.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
It sounds like a converter problem. Your refer might still be okay being that the controls are 12v. It takes a lot longer then an hour to see if the refer is bad. I'll attach a trouble shooting guide to test your converter. Hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WFCO Testing For Loads.pdf (26.9 KB, 17 views)
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,609
this one might help more....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual - Power Distribution Center WF-8900 English.pdf (1.89 MB, 16 views)
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #36
Wayne & Kim
 
Wayne & Kimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nassau County, FL
Posts: 175
When I had a similar problem on my travel trailer, on my very first trip out no less, I bought replacement battery to get me through the trip, etc. Took it to dealership and left it, only to find out it was simply 40 amp fuse to the converter was blown, preventing battery to charge, etc. I was happy it was such an easy fix, albeit a tad embarrassed. But just another nugget of knowledge in the constant RV learning process!

I hope you get your problems solved fairly easily and soon.

Wayne
__________________
Wayne and Kim

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #37
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pher1130 View Post
Well I FINALLY was able to make it back to my TT today. I think I definitely have a power converter problem that's causing the refrigerator problem. I got there and the battery on the trailer was practically dead with shore power plugged in. The interior lights were even dim since the battery isn't charging. The battery was replaced just 3 weeks ago. So I plugged the trailer into my Suburban for 12v power and everything works except the refrigerator. I left the Suburban running for an hour to see if the refrigerator would start up but no luck. So I'm thinking definitely a power converter issue and maybe potentially the refrigerator too. The TT is less than a year old so it still has a warranty.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Fridge:

Did you have propane?
The fridge will not run on DC without a solid source of propane.

Did you check the fridge fuses?
There is one in the power center and one on the control board (under outside cover).

Converter:

Will need 120 VAC at converter input wires and should measure over 13 volts WITH BATTERY DISCONNECTED. You can not check converter output with the battery in the circuit.

Here is the troubleshooting guide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WF8900.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	58514  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WFCO 8900 Troubleshooting guide.pdf (4.69 MB, 11 views)
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #38
Member
 
Pher1130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Thanks W. I'll double check that fuse on my next trip back to the trailer. Thought I checked them all but.... Lol. I hope that's all it is.

Herk - I tried both electric and gas and nothing. I figured after an hour I'd at least feel a slight chill on the coils/fins in the back of the frig but there wasn't.

Maybe you can clear up something for me on how the frig operates. My understanding is if the fridge button is on Auto it will automatically select between electric and gas but default to gas if electric is not available. So if the fridge is running on electric would it still need propane to run?
I've tried to get it start both methods and still don't get any slight chill on the coils/fins.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Pher1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #39
Wayne & Kim
 
Wayne & Kimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nassau County, FL
Posts: 175
I came across this little nugget of info while looking into this further for you, so it might answer at least part of your last question:

"The fridge always needs 12 volts to the circuit board in order to operate, regardless of whether it is running on gas or AC."

So if that guy is right and your 12 volt power is acting up, that could be partly to blame. Pure speculation on my part - I'm far from an RV expert!
__________________
Wayne and Kim

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wswkmw View Post
I came across this little nugget of info while looking into this further for you, so it might answer at least part of your last question:

"The fridge always needs 12 volts to the circuit board in order to operate, regardless of whether it is running on gas or AC."

So if that guy is right and your 12 volt power is acting up, that could be partly to blame. Pure speculation on my part - I'm far from an RV expert!
X'2 on that you do not need propane to run on electric. All the controls that tell it and sense the 110v are 12v. If you just plug into 110v and you are on auto it will switch over, When your selector board is in auto. You still need 12v to run that board. If your battery's were low it will not work and lock out even on 110v. Even if you switch it over to gas it will not work . If it's a Norcol you have a green led for electric that is 12v and yellow for gas 12v. also your refer light inside. You will not feel the difference in the coil area in 1 hr. If your refer is Dometic I really do not know what I have said is for a Norcol......I would take a charger with you next time, get up to 80% charge and try it in electric first green light only will be lite. Then switch to Gas yellow led will light. after that put to auto and it should show green when hooked to 110v. Hope that helps and didn't muddy the water on you.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.