Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #1

Power Management System FR Patriot

Go figure ! With all the post lately about no power to frig, no power to AC...etc...I go in camper today, were leaving friday for 8 days...low and behold...my frig...inside and outside...are nice and WARM !!! Everything in the inside one is toast. Frig still works on LP, but I shut tanks off when she's in the driveway. Appears it's been at least a day or better...freezer thawed and frig was close to ambient temp. Got AC, got hot water...gas and electric, lights, all other outlets...except two frig's and main TV plug. These are part of the power management on the Patriot that allows 2 AC units on 30A plugin. System shows power is active, but outlets are dead. 99.8% sure I lost a board on the PMS or the Converter. 2018...POS !!! last trailer went 10yrs and never had to fix a single appliance or replace any major components.
Call to dealer tomorrow and see how many weeks I'll have to wait to get it in.
I'll be sure to post the outcome of the situation for future reference.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Go figure ! With all the post lately about no power to frig, no power to AC...etc...I go in camper today, were leaving friday for 8 days...low and behold...my frig...inside and outside...are nice and WARM !!! Everything in the inside one is toast. Frig still works on LP, but I shut tanks off when she's in the driveway. Appears it's been at least a day or better...freezer thawed and frig was close to ambient temp. Got AC, got hot water...gas and electric, lights, all other outlets...except two frig's and main TV plug. These are part of the power management on the Patriot that allows 2 AC units on 30A plugin. System shows power is active, but outlets are dead. 99.8% sure I lost a board on the PMS or the Converter. 2018...POS !!! last trailer went 10yrs and never had to fix a single appliance or replace any major components.
Call to dealer tomorrow and see how many weeks I'll have to wait to get it in.
I'll be sure to post the outcome of the situation for future reference.
Update...upon further investigation...all outlets are dead except for 3 on GFCI circuit. HWH/AC/Microwave/Slides and 12v system work fine if I plug frig into extension cord or one of the GFCI outlets, it works fine. Converter go bad ?? Dealer said "drop it off and we'll get to it when we can fit it in." I'm thinking that means Sept or Oct maybe?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #3

Next update:
Had to endure 100+ degrees in camper, but did some more investigation.
All breakers are functioning normally. 12v converter is functioning normally. Power Management system is working normally. Went thru all outlets looking for bad wires and found none. I have discovered that the are 9 outlets on the one circuit. 7 regular outlets and 2 for refrigerators. Why the 2 refrigerator outlets are not on there own...that would make more sense to me. What I fear, is that there is a lose or broken neutral wire somewhere in the walls or covered junction box in the trailer. Probably be taking it to dealer on Saturday.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:16 AM   #4

Trailer is fixed. Took the tech 3 days to tear inside of trailer apart, cut holes everywhere to find a junction that wasn't put together properly and the neutral fell out of the connector. The way FR ran this circuit, they used about12' of wire that wasn't necessary. The first plug in the chain for this circuit is literally 12" away from the power source.