Old 10-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Power-max boondocker PM4B-55 MBA

Against my own previous advice Randy from best converter "persuaded" me into buying a power-max boondocker converter for my new columbus.
55 Amp 4-Stage Main Board Replacement
Randy tells me it's the best replacement for an ailing converter, especially if you leave your camper plugged in 24/7 365 such as I do.
The boondocker main board is a drop in replacement for the 8955 wfco and is also able to be ran without a battery.

I guess after I install it "install thread soon" I'll see if I change my mind about progressive dynamics.
He says there's absolutely nothing wrong with a progressive unit but he thinks the power-max unit is better.

Btw I'll have a new never used wfco 55 amp converter for sale "soon"

"We'll see"

Name:   uploadfromtaptalk1444934269945.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  95.9 KB

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "30 nights"

Old 11-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Last chance

Old 11-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Against my own previous advice Randy from best converter "persuaded" me into buying a power-max boondocker converter for my new columbus.
55 Amp 4-Stage Main Board Replacement
Randy tells me it's the best replacement for an ailing converter, especially if you leave your camper plugged in 24/7 365 such as I do.
The boondocker main board is a drop in replacement for the 8955 wfco and is also able to be ran without a battery.

I guess after I install it "install thread soon" I'll see if I change my mind about progressive dynamics.
He says there's absolutely nothing wrong with a progressive unit but he thinks the power-max unit is better.

Btw I'll have a new never used wfco 55 amp converter for sale "soon"

"We'll see"
Attachment 91637

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "30 nights"
Wait a minute here, I have a bridge for sale if you believe that. What it's missing is the charge wizard. I'm not jumping ship yet. Progressive still has that beat. Maybe if it came with a charge wizard. But didn't see that in your link. If I was boondocking I would want to keep my charger at 14.6 for less time charging and running a generator.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #4

Please help me understand, as I've already installed a Boondocker PBC4-60 Powercenter. This was an entire package, including the distribution center, and a "4-Stage" Powermax charger. My question is not whether I should have replaced the entire thing, or just the charger.

My question is:
If these are Automatic 4-Stage chargers, that tells me it has the logic included to know when to change to the appropriate "stage".
So why would a 3 or 4 Stage charger also need a "Charge Wizard" to control it?
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrakeman View Post
Please help me understand, as I've already installed a Boondocker PBC4-60 Powercenter. This was an entire package, including the distribution center, and a "4-Stage" Powermax charger. My question is not whether I should have replaced the entire thing, or just the charger.

My question is:
If these are Automatic 4-Stage chargers, that tells me it has the logic included to know when to change to the appropriate "stage".
So why would a 3 or 4 Stage charger also need a "Charge Wizard" to control it?
The charge Wizard, allows you to put it in any stage you want. Say that you were on your generator or something. You can make it go to 14.6 volts instead of staying at 13.6. Then it will switch back to your normal rate. Or you can drop the that rate to trickle charge 13.1 anytime you want, that's the only difference.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power