Old 03-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunnertoo View Post
I want to thank all of you for your responses. To answer one of your questions, there are no fuses on the panel that are marked slide or stabilizers. I didn't find any inline fuses around the battery. I think my next thing to try will be to remove the breaker box and see if there are any inline fuse holders there. I just retired from farming and I probably did 99% of my tractor, truck, and machinery repairs, but this is a whole new ball game!
Gunrunner,

You have a travel trailer right? Maybe a travel trailer user here can chime in with a better vector on where the pigtail fuse(s) are for your slide(s). They are supposed to be located within 18 inches of the battery and right after the main 30 amp DC current limiter (on the way to the converter).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #12

With some advice from my dealer I finally resolved my problem with my slide, awning, and stabilizers not working by using their respective switches. The remote would work all three systems. The advise that one of you guys gave me was close. The panel that covered my system control was not under the fridge but under my range. The service man at the dealer told me to take my remote and in a quiet environment go along the cabinets and click the remote while having it set to turn on the outside light. The reason for using the light function is because it does not make any noise. If you listen you can hear the unit click as you use the remote. The panel on my unit was simply a piece of paneling with a screw in each end. The remedy I am about to share WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY ! So if you use it let me tell you how you might do it.Take a 20 amp curcuit breaker(or whatever size your fuse happens to be) attach 2 wires about 3 inches long, one from each post by using 2 clamp on terminal connectors with the proper size hole.On the other end of the wires fasten a connector with a blade type end as used in a male-female setup used to connect 2 wires together.Then use a file, electric grinder or whatever else you have handy to grind the blades down to the width of the blade on a plug in fuse.Then plug each of the blades into the slots in the fuse holder you removed the blown fuse from. This way if you need warranty work done all you have to do is unplug the curcuit breaker and plug in a fuse.The reason my panel was in a different location was probably because my unit is a Wildwood 27RKSS.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Gunrunner,

There are automatic resetting fuses available in most amperage ratings for under a buck at most auto stores.
Attached Images

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #14

Great idea, preventive maint is always good way to go.