Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #1

Quick Connect Battery

Thought I would post a picture of an idea I put to good use (others have probably already thought of it too...). I dry camp on my own permanent site. We use both generator , and 12volt battery when we stay overnight. I did not want to leave a $300 Optima on the front of my coach, exposed, when we are not there. The battery case, wingnuts, wires etc got to be a real pain in the behind every time we hooked up/disconnected the battery. What I needed was some type of fast connection system. I know Warn winch has a really slick connection system, similar to the one pictured. It is petty pricey though. I went to a local batttery warehouse and picked up an identical connector for around $18.00. I can now hook up/disconnect in a matter of seconds. Plus, if I leave the battery off, and use the generator, the wires are much safer with this connector on. Probably not the most sophisticated electrical upgrade, but it works pretty darn well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Disconnect-PNT.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3225  
es335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #2

Great idea

That $18 connector is great insurance against the loss of a very expensive battery.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #3

My thoughts too! So far, so good.....
es335 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery