Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #1

Radiator Fan Relay Location

Would love any advice. I am searching for the relay for my radiator fan. The issue I am having is that when we drive our MH (2011 Sportscoach Cross Crounty) the radiator fan won't always spin up when engine starts to get warm. Usually if I shut the motorhome off and start it again it will kick on. Cummins is telling me that most likely the relay is bad or the fan clutch, but due to the fan working intermittently, they assume its just a sticking relay. I cant find any diagram for my coach. Thanks in advance for any help. By the way I have the Cummins 6.7 ISB with a freightliner Chassis
kstumpenhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:49 PM   #2

Just in case anyone was curious I located my fan relay and pulled it out. When I did my fan fired up right away. That tells me I have a bad relay and will be replacing. The fuse was located inside my arens box by my converter
Old 08-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #3

Update:
I went on another trip up to the U.P. (Gorgeous) and had the exact same problems I had been having. Only this time I've narrowed it down. I realized if I let my MH warm up to 220 degrees right before i get my coolant temp warning and pull over to shut down and restart it the fan comes on and works flawlessly the rest of the drive. Based on how a viscous fan works I'm thinking either my ECM or some other module is not telling my fan to turn on while driving but when I shut off my MH the ECM remembers the last temp when turned off and automatically clutches the fan to the appropriate speed. Is this super weird or am I diagnosing this thing completely wrong.

Tags
cat, fan, location