Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #1

Relay?

Hello Forest River Folks!
I have a question about our new 2401R Forester. I have not been able to turn off the clearance lights on the coach, and all of the rear lights will not go out. I disconnected the starter battery to see if that would turn off the lights, and that was not successful. A day later the tail lights were still lit, and I observed how they would not all remain lit continuously. The lights went out spontaneously later, they all went out at the same time. Could this be the symptom of a malfunctioning relay?
If I have the rig connected to 120V shore line, will the continued operation of the clearance lights (as they go from operating, to inoperative, to lit again) have adverse effects on the system? I'm going to keep the starter battery disconnected until I hear from you; I am baffled........please advise?
richard bryant is offline   Reply With Quote