Old 09-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Rockwood 2516G roof, wiring and new fan

Hello all,

I decided to replace the AC with a Fantastic fan and need to run 12V to the 14x14 opening so i can connect the fan to DC power. The fan is a Fantastic model 4000R. What's the best way to run the 12V wiring to the AC opening?

I'm not sure how to snake the wiring in the ceiling because I'm not sure how the ceiling is constructed. I found the 12V wiring bundle that snakes up through a tunnel in the canvas and enters the ceiling.

Any clues will be appreciated.

thehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Really? It gets pretty hot in Virginia. I think you're going to want that AC in the future.

I think an AC unit will already have 12v there ready to go.

BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Yes, it can get pretty hot here in VA! Most of my camping is in the Spring and Fall, so I really don't need the AC.

Anyway, I removed the AC yesterday, but I don't see any 12V wiring. The 110 is there, of course, which comes from a plug on the outside of the roof. The wire runs in a track on the ceiling. In the 2516G, you have to plug in the AC from the outside before you crank up the roof.

I could run another track in the corner without fishing wires through the ceiling, but that would be my second option.

Thanks for the reply, btw.
thehills is offline   Reply With Quote

fan, rockwood, roo, roof, wiring